Has PC gaming become pointless?

Do you think PC gaming has become pointless?

• Yes

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Sure Crysis will be released on PC first, but do you have a PC that could handle crysis? Even if you do, most people dont. When the console version comes out, nobody will have to ask that question. And it will work so smoothly at awesome settings that it will make butter look bad thanks to the abscence of the HAL . And there will be a console version as crytek is not stupid enough to ignore the hundreds of thousands of console users.

Besides, what about Gears of War, Halo 3, Warhawk, Motorstorm, Metal Gear Solid series, Resident Evil Series, god of war series etc etc.... i could just go on and on....

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
ring_wraith said:
Sure Crysis will be released on PC first, but do you have a PC that could handle crysis? Even if you do, most people dont. When the console version comes out, nobody will have to ask that question. And it will work so smoothly at awesome settings that it will make butter look bad thanks to the abscence of the HAL . And there will be a console version as crytek is not stupid enough to ignore the hundreds of thousands of console users.

Besides, what about Gears of War, Halo 3, Warhawk, Motorstorm, Metal Gear Solid series, Resident Evil Series, god of war series etc etc.... i could just go on and on....
bang on target dude .

bkpeerless

In the zone
But console is for those who can afford to buy original games for us who well cant dream of that has to stick to pc but again i dont think pc gives us more than games and ways to add mods creat maps patch and play the game in your own way...

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
bkpeerless said:
But console is for those who can afford to buy original games for us who well cant dream of that has to stick to pc but again i dont think pc gives us more than games and ways to add mods creat maps patch and play the game in your own way...
there are pirated games also for consoles buddy including x360

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Yeah, and even ORIGINAL PC games are priced similar to console games. So price really is not a valid argument.

Vivek788

In the zone
it has sort of become useless to luk for playing all the latest games...they are running out of gud themes...and only graphics seems to be going up..h/w costs thus recurring every year or so for an average gamer...

but then sticking to old favs and playable low req games of high content quality is a great way to spend time...wich is in sort supply...

nvidia

-----ATi-----
PC gaming is anytime the best. But these days consoles like PS3 are putting PC gaming to the edge :p

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
The funny thing is that even though most of us agree that Consoles are better, the poll says something else....

bkpeerless

In the zone
entrana said:
there are pirated games also for consoles buddy including x360

consoles has reached only metros and big cities in my town ps2 is even not avalable [:(].. and its easy to motivate parents to buy pc rather than buying console.. [:D] also... pc will be always on the edge the only preoblem is that gamemakers are pushing pc game grafix to the limit as nvedia men just making high end gfx card ...they r working as a team and we r suffering..

I think among console games, PS2 is getting popular in India due to its being cheaper than most Grapphic Cards. So is XBox(360)

With PS2 @ 5000, no wonder people are attracted towards it, with all these new LCD TVs(like me:D)

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^^dude i am not acting cool...i am very poor in english.
So Please don't assume that every one knows english.

faraaz

Evil Genius
@zyberboy: I'm not an admin or anything and I've gotten into trouble on these boards in the past for...racy comments.

So lets just say "This is me pointing at you and laughing for expecting people to know you dont speak english on an english speaking board!"

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^they is no racy comments man

i am also confused how people come to the conclusion that using incorrect grammar is a cool thing to do(actually i am trying to improve my eng)

x3060

A LOTR fan
never winter nights is there for PC . . as long as it remains for PC am not buying console :). . i just dont want to spend on a dedicated gaming device . i am happy with pc games .

faraaz

Evil Genius
@x3060: And my latest love...Guild Wars! I've been playing this game for the last couple of weeks now and I haven't slept more than 3 hours a night, even with Uni on weekdays...it just sucks you in and doesnt let go. No console game comes close to this kind of addictive replayability in a living breathing world. Final Fantasy XI doesn't count...

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I don't even remember what my poll post was. Since this topic has again come up, I think PC gaming has become really pointless. I recently got a XFX 8600GT XXX from the US from my cous and I was so hoping to play games at 'high' settings, but I was dissappointed. Few old games do play, but not on such a high setting. Before that, I had to buy extra RAM, then a DVD burner(well, this is useful in the long run), then the PSU. I was also checking out some reviews, PC building sites, etc. I felt so ripped off to see that 8600GT was just an entry level card, though I didn't pay anything to get it. I did try my hands on the PS2, but I wasn't very comfortable with the gamepad. Actually, my friend felt the same when he tried the 16-bit video game, way back when we were in school :D For me, video game was the best thing. Buy a cartridge, stick it in the slot and start playing right away! No cracks, no patches, no nothing. Just plain fun! I think I'm gonna buy myself a console in 2 years time, in case my craze for gaming still exists :D

thrash_metal

In the zone
Console anyday... eventough I own a good PC , i got an X360 ... worth and better anyday . And now X360 directly plays Divx ... so thats a great entertaintment solution as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom