has anyone heard of Microsoft TV /Video connection ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
i dont know what the hell is happening with my PC.recently..in my network connection ..i saw to my suprise..there was automatically a new connection created and named as local area connection. ...and below it was written .
Microsoft TV /Video connection....i am not even able to disable it..its connected at 30 mbps..(without lan cauz the one i have is used by my net )
and if i try to disable it says
.."its not possible to disable this connection at this time .this connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support plug and play,or it may have been initiated by another user or system account. "

what does this mean ??all the other info i can give is.,.
address type : assigned by . DHCP
subnet mask is :255.255.255.255 (somewhat similar to my net connection net :255.255.255.0 )

is this normal or somethin unusual please tell me has anyone seen this before ??

Sourabh

Laptoping
I remember such a program built in Windows 98 SE. It could be installed from the Add/Remove Windows Components. Those were dialup days so never really checked out what it was. So are you using Windows 98? If yes, disable it from the add/remove components.

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
no i am using windows xp pro service pack 2

it is some ..microsoft base smart card cryptographic service provider package..but if i remove it from add /remove then it says other programs and hotfixes and updates will not work what do i do now !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom