Hardware priority list according to Software - A Suggestion

monkey

Padawan
I have been seeing for many years in various forums that many buyers are confused about the priority to be given to a particular hardware for the software they use/want to use. For example hardware suitable for designing purpose may be completely different for a user who wants hardware for his video editing work.

Looking into this aspect I propose a thread wherein we can segregate these software based on the hardware which is critical for them. (Eg. some games require good graphic card while other may be more sensitive to the CPU).
We can list these software under various hardware category so that when someone wants to configure his/her system they know which component to select first.

The list may look like this:

Critical Component​
List of Software​
1. CPU:
S/W A,B,C​
2. HDD Speed:
S/W D,E,F​
3. RAM:
S/W A, G,H​
4. Graphic Card:​
S/W B, I, J

Experts may suggest which s/w gives priority to which critical h/w component. A s/w may be listed in more than one category if it is sensitive to more than one critical component and such s/w can be color coded to indicate the same.

This thread may then be used as sticky for quick reference.

MODS may please give input on this suggestion.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
AMD is almost out of CPU market, so What is the point of this type of thread. Moreover, all software run same on all same gen hardware.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Its not what I am asking. AMD or Intel doesn't matter. What I want is to project the sensitivity of each s/w to various h/w. For example: s/w requiring rendering may be more sensitive to GPU then to CPU. So such s/w users should prioritize GPU over CPU when opting for new h/w or upgrading their h/w. Similar way there are some special s/w, used by mold makers for 3D modelling, which are more sensitive to system RAM and CPU than GPU.

What I am suggesting is to make a list of such s/w under various "Critical Component" so that a user will know beforehand which h/w route should he/she take.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Nothing like that IMO.
Only difference would be in gaming and workstation graphics card which varies with OP's budget in every thread.

Top Bottom