hardware availibility in kolkata

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekgod

Journeyman
can anyone please tell me where i can find the following hardware in kolkata at the best prices?

benq DW 1650
LG H10N
seagate sata2 160 GB HDD
Western Digital sata2 160 GB HDD

this is kinda urgent.
thanx..

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
u can chek out berlia compusys @ central av/gc av #ing and ask for ibrahim. worst shop in cal is supreme technologies.

Journeyman
yes I heard about that for supreme technologies . Please avoid these 2 shops in kolkata>>

1 .supreme technologies
2.Xcel infotech ( M/s Amit Jain )

they will rob u . dont go there .

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
Eastern logica is not good, i know a lot of ppl from that shop like ram, omar bhai thay quote high prices.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. like i said , there can't be an honest shop .. unless u make sure they know that ur technically aware of the market ..

OP
G

geekgod

Journeyman
thankx fo all your inputs guys..
benq dw1650 was no available at any of berlia, saboo, lalani, eastern logica..none. saboo had 1640 for 1850+tax and they told me that was the latest model..:)

after wandering for about an hour i entered a shop "Planet computers" near the Bentinck street G C Avenue crossing. a small cramped unassuming shop..and here i saw at least 5 different models of dvd writers..liteon, sony, samsung, lg, benq..u name it. i asked them and they told me that they had about 6-7 dw1650's in stock..for 1750+tax..:).no question i immediately bought that.

i had asked about the other writers too..they were as
lg gsa-h10n - 1800+tax
liteon sohw-1633s - 1850+tax
sony dru 820a - 2400+tax

as i had observed previously as well, it is this smaller shops that stock better items compared to the so called larger ones.

Kniwor

Learner
geekgod said:
as i had observed previously as well, it is this smaller shops that stock better items compared to the so called larger ones.

yeah u are actually right, i purchsed a 1650 few months back, and had no problem finding it, got it in the shop i purchase most of my stuff from. another small shop, but competitive, in chandni chowk. the only prob in chandni chowk is these guys dont know a **** about stuff, but i dont mind that, i know what i need to get, and they get it, who cares.

OP
G

geekgod

Journeyman
the only prob in chandni chowk is these guys dont know a **** about stuff
exactly..in fact it appears as if most of the dealers here are nothing but modified vegetable sellers..just mounted the IT wagon..

the worst thing is..if you dont have a bit of hardware knowledge..they will try and con you like no other..

why..once i was searching for a powersafe 400w psu..most of the shops said they didnt stock powersafe.but had something better, i-ball or frontech...
that was really funny..:D

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
@geekgod
lucky man u got what u wanted. i toatlly accept with you guys that the shop onwer here know nothing abt hardware details all they know is how to sell it. they will try n conv. u with other stuff... anyway njoy ripping.

royal

Padawan
geekgod said:
thankx fo all your inputs guys..
benq dw1650 was no available at any of berlia, saboo, lalani, eastern logica..none. saboo had 1640 for 1850+tax and they told me that was the latest model..:)

after wandering for about an hour i entered a shop "Planet computers" near the Bentinck street G C Avenue crossing. a small cramped unassuming shop..and here i saw at least 5 different models of dvd writers..liteon, sony, samsung, lg, benq..u name it. i asked them and they told me that they had about 6-7 dw1650's in stock..for 1750+tax..:).no question i immediately bought that.

i had asked about the other writers too..they were as
lg gsa-h10n - 1800+tax
liteon sohw-1633s - 1850+tax
sony dru 820a - 2400+tax

yeah you are right...small is the king :)

I got my BENQ-DW1650 from 9,GC Avenue...again its another small shop :cool:

BTW, this is for both you and Kniwor... can you guys share addresses of your respective small shops ?

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
why not, though i dont know the exact address, i can tell u directions.
it's on biplabi street, in the same line as the "Udipi" if u have seen it, in chandni chow, and the name is Jain Computers. Though the actual owner of the shop, Sandeep Bafna is quite a knowledgeable, but is not there most often.

Another good shop that i get stuff from is Vedant Infosys, both these shops are very near to each other. so if u find one, another should be easy. i have spent a lot of time in chandni chowk and finally i came to conclusion that these are aggresive competitors. and will sell stuff for good price, i got all my things till date from the former.

And yes, just for the mention, if anyone wants to buy, this guys did quote me 14.5k for INTEL E6300 with ASUS P5L mobo with integrated graphics.

OP
G

geekgod

Journeyman
starcomp infotech......proceed along G C Avenue towards esplanade and after a while you'll see a petrol ump at the left. the shop is just after that. not a very good stock..but keeps most of the common hardware at good prices.

computer world.....enter G C Avenue from Central Avenue, first side street on right.go here for zebronics products or optical drives and hdds.

planet computers......proceed along G C Avenue keeping the first shop at left and you'll come to the Bentinck Street-G C Avenue Crossing. take aright turn over here to enter bentinck street. 4th or 5th shop on the left.good collection of optical drives and hdds.

and the shops mentioned by kniwor..:)

this was my 100th post..

royal

Padawan
Hey Kniwor and geekgod

thanks man...I'll check these out next time :p

you can also have a look at this

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
You can also go to Savera Marketing Agency, 1, G C Avenue. They are the distributors of Rashi Peripherals. One of the guys there, Ashraf is technically very sound and the shop qoutes decent prices too. I bought my entire AMD system from them and also my Samsung Syncmaster 798MB plus (which I bought last saturday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom