Harddisk Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polter

Broken In
My cabinet comes with an extra fan which has become extremely loud and annoying ever since winter set in. I don't know why, but i just disconnected the fan which solved the problem. By the way, i've also tried cleaning the fan. Didn't work. Removing the fan shouldn't cause any problem cos winter in Delhi is so firgid here. Am I right, guys? I just want to know if there'd be any complications later on. thanks

mangemayur

Journeyman
it depends on yr use, ur Processor and yr cabinet size.

but in general case
if eyerything is tighly packed ( no ventilation ) then u will require a fan
and as u said u r in delhi with < 20 c (or much lesser than that ?) then atleast in winter, u will not face this problem... any way the cabinet fan should cost u in 2 digit no only < 100 rs

but 1 doubt.. yr subject line says Harddisk fan? whats that...

OP
P

Polter

Broken In
Oh..by harddisk fan, I'm referring to the fan attached to the cabinet right in front of the compartment where the hard disk is installed. Where exactly is the cabinet fan located? thanks

the cabinet or chassis fan is usually located at the back or rear part of the PC although many computer cases do have fans at the front to facilitate cooling.
Winter in Delhi may be < 20C but wat about summer ? doesnt it get really really hot ?????

OP
P

Polter

Broken In
Yeah, then we're not talking about the cabinet fan here then, just an extra fan meant to cool the hard disk which has become really noisy. thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom