HARDCODING SUBTITLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagar_funk

Right off the assembly line
Any one please help me with hardcoding subtitles on an .AVI file.I have googled it , but found only Virtual dub , vobsub , ffdshow.......etc , They take about 8 hours for a 700mb file..and have to convert subtitles to .ssc or sumthing....
:-x

Can some1 name a good subtitles hardcoding software so that i can just select the AVI file , then select the subtitle file and just select START.
(free or paid nothing matters , just name some). :?::?:

THANKS IN ADVANCE.:smile:

Last edited:
OP
S

sagar_funk

adding subtitles to any video file.......permanently . For playing on tv , portable media players ..... etc...

subtitles are stuck in the video , u cant remove them later.

mittyr

silentFOX
@sagar_funk

Why not mux the subtitles to "AVI" or watever "Video container" you want it.

There's no encoding, so only take a min.

For "Subtitles" in "AVI" container, you can try "AVI-Mux"
"MP4" container, you can try "mp4muxer"
"MKV" container, you can try "mkvtoolnix"

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Is it ok if you get the job done in 2 hours? :D If that's fine, check out this link. Very cool tut *beans.seartipy.com/2007/05/20/step...itles-with-avidivxxvid-files-using-avirecomp/

OP
S

sagar_funk

THANKs

Thanks for your replies,,,,

ULTRA VIDEO CONVERTER did the job for me , easily in about 1 hour.:p

RBX

In the zone
Do subs need to be placed in a different file when not hardcoded ?

I wonder what HorribleSubs use ? They upload episodes after just one hour of Japan telecast although episodes are very small (480p being 145mb).
They do not appear hardcoded either, as WMP can't be used to view them even when I turn captions, subtitles on, but VLC allows me to see them.

jal_desai

In the zone
Don't hardcode it. Use MKVToolnix.. Put ur avi file and corresponding SUB/SRT subtitle file in it and make a MKV file... It will not encode the original file, it will just put it in to a container format which hardly takes 2 mins. I did so with all my movies. By doing so, your subtitles will be seen more clearly compared to hardcoded ones.. and one more benefit is that, you can ON/OFF the subtitles according to ur wish... Download MKVToolnix. Its really good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom