Hard Drive partition

vincyhybrid

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

I got this Acer net-book almost a year ago which came with a 320gb hard drive. The hard drive had no partition on it I had just C: drive. Now that the 1year warranty period is over i decided to create partition in it and this is where the problem starts.

I have only managed to create 1 more partition and my comp says that the maximum number of partitions has been created, upon probing further i realized that there are 2 more invisible partitions, namely - recovery partition and some system active partition. Im attaching a pic explaining the same.

Now i need to know how do i create more partition, if not is there anyway i can limit the size of my C: drive and create maximum space in my d:drive. right now my comp only allow me 50-50% allocation of my available hard drive to each ( i.e of 298gb available - C: drive 144.5gb and D:drive - 144.5gb)

Attachments

• Disk Partition.jpg
    Disk Partition.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 102

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
see this.someone successfully did what you want to do using easeus partition master home edition free.
EaseUS Software • View topic - Partitioning hard disk without effecting Recovery Partition?

frankeric

Journeyman
Hi guys,

I got this Acer net-book almost a year ago which came with a 320gb hard drive. The hard drive had no partition on it I had just C: drive. Now that the 1year warranty period is over i decided to create partition in it and this is where the problem starts.

I have only managed to create 1 more partition and my comp says that the maximum number of partitions has been created, upon probing further i realized that there are 2 more invisible partitions, namely - recovery partition and some system active partition. Im attaching a pic explaining the same.

Now i need to know how do i create more partition, if not is there anyway i can limit the size of my C: drive and create maximum space in my d:drive. right now my comp only allow me 50-50% allocation of my available hard drive to each ( i.e of 298gb available - C: drive 144.5gb and D:drive - 144.5gb)

You are using linux on your system????????

Rajesh345

Youngling
Hi guys,

Q) Do u have Data in D Drive?

1) if not delete it once, Then its color will change to green [Free Space ] > Right click Free space and click Delete again

(if u have data backup data)

2)Now Right click Accer C:\ [graphical ] and click Shrink

Wait some time till window pop up > Read carefully and enter desired size in MB

3) once done , Right click Free Space and Create partition , it will b ok , if not show Exact error message screen shot

#Can tell u more accurately if u tell , how much space u wish ur C drive and D drive wants

Top Bottom