I have a samsung hard disk 8gb .when i autodetect harddish from bio it shows

size=0
cyls=0
head=0
precomp=65535
landz=65535
sector=0
mode=normal

and does not start windows.Is the hardisk OK or crashed.beneath the harddisk a red light flashes

please help

D

dinesh_singh

how can size be zero.............and cyls should be a finite value too
sector should also be a finite value........
ur HDD is gone.....call samsung guys to get it replaced or repaired....and it will take one month coz of samsung poor quality service....
may ur HDD rest in peace

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud..it will b wrong to jump to conclusion thats its gone....1st check if the data Cable is properly inserted .....2nd chk for the Jumper setting(chk ur HDD's front side Or go Here ).....if there is conflict in the jumper setting..then also it can happen.....and lastly chk for any physical damage....may b ur FAT has gone bad (but it wont show in Bios ...hmm) ...i wud suggest after going thru 1st n 2nd suggesion if it does not work....get it checked by proffesionals.for accurate results....

dreams

Gracias Senor
most prob no HDD crashes.. unless until it is handled badly.. chk the cables and jumper settin and if one of ur frnd is near u with a PC try xchangin ur HDD with his and vice versa and then cum 2 a conclusion..

..Shar n nJoy..

OP
A

aditya169

Journeyman
according to me the jumper is ok . i tk the hdd out ank kept it on other computer still it did not work

THERE IS A RED BLINKING LIGHT BELOW THE HARD DISK .does this means anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom