Hard Disk Partition Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Team,
I have a 10 GB,5400 rpm samsung HDD.
How do I partition this disk to get the max throughput(in terms of performance)?
I want to play games like Kotor2(which take up around 3.5-4 GB) of space.
My PC config is given in the signature.
Thanks,
Aman.

Last edited:

freakabhishek

Broken In
if u wanna play such games i would suggest not to partition

By the way why dont u think of buying a a new hdd
80 gb will cost u around 2100 (delhi)

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Yeah, i agree with abhishek...10 GB is useless...get atleast 60-80 GB HDD. Windows XP install itself need upto 2 GB.

sakumar79

Technomancer
I typically make four partitions on my HD - one for system files (Windows), one for Programs, one for Data and one for backup... With a bigger HD at home, I also have one separate for Games and one for installation files... Here, depending on your needs you should partition your drive. Since I dont know what kind of files you store (music, movies, work data, etc), I cant give you a good reply... However, as others say, in most cases 10 GB is not enough... 80 GB is the norm today and very soon, this will shift to 160 GB...

Also note that you said you want to play games like Kotor2... If each game is about 4 GB size, how many games can you install at a time?

Arun

Mayur

Broken In
upgrade is a good option still if you want 10 gb i prefer less number of Partitions.as Partition increase you dont get saving ease
I mean if you have say 1gb Partition and you save a cd 700 mb
the rest 300 mb could go in vain possibaly i would preffer a whole 10gb Partition

OP
I

imagineer_aman

Broken In
Hi Team,
Thanks for pouring in your replies.
Upgrade option-i cant do that rite now,but yes will do it soon.
My Partition Scheme-
C: WinXP and some essential apps - 3 GB
D: Virtual Mem or PageFile - 768MB(3x256MB)
E: Games/Data - 5.4 GB
Ya,i know i cant load too many games but then i can play atleast 1 or 2 at a time.
Once again,thanks ppl.
Aman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom