Harbhajan charged with offensive behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Harbhajan Singh has been charged with a Level III offence under the ICC Code of Conduct following his on-field altercation with Andrew Symonds on day three of the second Test in Sydney. The two players came face to face while Harbhajan was batting.
Under the code, Harbhajan has been summoned to a hearing with match referee Mike Procter for "using language or gestures that offends, insults, humiliates, intimidates, threatens, disparages or vilifies another person on the basis of that person's race, religion, gender, colour, descent, or national or ethic origin".
The charge was laid by match umpires Mark Benson and Steve Bucknor after the close of play following a complaint they received from Australian captain Ricky Ponting.
If found guilty Harbhajan could face a ban of between two and four Tests or four and eight one-dayers. The hearing is scheduled for after close of play on Saturday.
There are some reports that Harbhajan's remarks were racist in nature but the offspinner denied making such comments. "I haven't done anything -- we were just talking. It wasn't even sledging -- it was just normal talk out on the cricket field. I was concentrating on my batting," he told the Age. "I did not say anything racist. I do not know what is going on. I am here to play well for my country, to bowl well and to win this Test match.
Read more :(

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
i don't believe i think this must be the Australians who must have said something wrong to him that is why he replied rudely

x3060

A LOTR fan
he will be cleared..:), ausees using another tatic to bring indians down thats all...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Australian are not good at spin bowling, so they want Bhaji to be out. He'll be cleared. He doesn't open his mouth like that, Symonds must have said something to him.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Just one more of their stupid strategies to give the Indian spinner a mental blow before the D-day..thats tomorrow!

Voldy

The Dark lord
Sad to hear that Harbhajan has to suffer the ban due to a false charge
Curse those fool refrees and umpires that cost us the match

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
sachin comes out in support of bhajji ... says he is innocent ... abhi procter ya sachin choose

Dhruv11

Broken In
How silly that is !! If Aussies do such things, its a PART OF THE GAME and if Bhajji said sumthing to Symonds (which i firmly believe he didnt) he is banned !

V

vaibhavtek

I think that was not started by Harbhajan.That was started by Symonds....

correct.
replays shows that only...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/15a.gif
i think symond should be banned for 5 ODIS and 3 TESTS. *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/02a.gif

vivekrules

Broken In
arey itz simple... bhajibhai ne kuch nahi kaha hoga.. !!.. Austrilia ki jaal rahi hai.. .. symond agar samne mil jaye to pakad pakad kar maru ga lolz ahahah joke !

V

vaibhavtek

^^ *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Bhajji is not the culprit according to tendulkar.
I use to consider aussies as a good team,but this incident has shown me how timid they are.

Look at the pointless appeals by adam(the dravid one),pointing(the diving one which was clearly grounded).
Aussies do not have sportsmanship,they are cowards.

praka123

left this forum longback
^aussies are racial demons :x they in their airports,ask every indian men to be whether they are Moslem or not!racists!they may be good on cricket,but in reality,they chase Indians esp.

x3060

A LOTR fan
@cool g5....correctly said mate, they are cowards, they dont have any sportsman spirit with them.

V

vaibhavtek

Bhajji is not the culprit according to tendulkar.
I use to consider aussies as a good team,but this incident has shown me how timid they are.

Look at the pointless appeals by adam(the dravid one),pointing(the diving one which was clearly grounded).
Aussies do not have sportsmanship,they are cowards.

correctly said mate *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/s10.gif

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Symonds has been arrogant... since a long long time.. its time ICC takes action on him and ponting. Both should be banned for the entire series. What can you expect from a team whose captain is a smug and ~!@#$%^????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom