..::Halo 2 Woes::..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahahari

In the zone
I recently got Halo 2 and was planning to fire it up. I got it to start aright but it wa like watching a 8FPS animation movie and the sound was comming out in parts. The game was damn slow. What can I do??

My Rig:
8600GT 256
1GB 667 Ram
500Gb Hdd with 100 GB free.
Amd 2x 64 bit 4400+

Help me pls.Pls Reply As Soon as possible. I want to start gaming today.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
It played smoothly on mt 7600GT Sounds to me like driver issue Try another forceware, maybe bit old one loke 160.9xx or 98.xx.
And i felt the gfx to be too low even lower than MaxPayne 1.
There was some serioes bugs whennthe game was made to PC from XBOX.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
same happened to me on 8800gt when i was using it under XP via the loader apps available. u have to disable fraps if it is running. there is some compatibility issue between halo2 on XP with fraps.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I remember playing this on XP with 98.73 drivers way back & it ran absolutely fine with everything high on 1280x1024 settings.Check the drivers again.

OP
hahahari

hahahari

In the zone
Does such old drivers work for 8600GT?? IF so can you pls give me the link to it??

REgards.

Stalker

Padawan
^^ Did you try turning On Vsync?

The same thing had happened to me on my GTX. The game was very jerky. Turning Vsync to ON fixed the problem.

OP
hahahari

hahahari

In the zone
I tried to but made no difference. Actually the game loads through a loader but still I changed the vsync on for halo.exe in the nvidia panell. It seems to make a small difference but nothing like a spectacular improvemt. Theloader is a simple BAT file.

Stalker

Padawan
I had done it in Global Settings : Vsync : force On
But shouldn't make a difference if you have done it in the Application settings.

& i used Halo2.exe only to start the game.

OP
hahahari

hahahari

In the zone
Well vsync aint working I am still getting slow dows. My sunday ruined.......lol......anyway wat else can I do??

Thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom