Halo 2 Vista Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thunderbird.117

IGN has the latest Halo 2 Vista blog published. This installment offers info on the game's Tray and Play feature which allows you to play the game without first installing it to your HDD. Sounds like they're trying to make PC Gaming like Console Gaming. This is a wow. Iam sure future games will be like this.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Gr8 news i was expecting such features in vista games.Heard of it a long time ago but nice u got me updated.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
thats really stupid coz i thought it would be direct run from dvd.
But actually it will install while u play.
Damn i thought that some hard disk space would be saved

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
What were the main design goals?
(1) Get you into the game as quickly as possible (2 minutes or less)
(2) Install the rest of the game in the background as you play
(3) Minimize the number of dialog boxes you have to click through

Does Tray & Play impact the performance of the game?
Our testing shows that it does not! However, if you're paranoid about this, you can of course choose to fully install the game before playing. There are a few fringe performance cases where the default is dynamically changed to fully install. For example, if DMA is disabled on your DVD drive.

How long does it typically take to get into the game the first time (I have patience issues)?
About two minutes. Less if you have a really powerful machine.
Note: If your machine is slower (or you’re converting Season 1 of Alf to WMV for your Zune, for example), it may take longer.

How do I know if the game is fully installed?
There is an indicator in the main game menu that gives a percent complete status. Once this reaches 100% and disappears, the game is fully installed. That’s, like, the definition of 100 percent.

What if I want to fully install the game before playing, because that’s how my dad taught me?
No problem. You can customize the game installation to fully install the game before playing, or even install it for someone else without playing.

How is Tray & Play different from a regular setup?
Other than not having to wait, in most other ways it is basically like a regular setup.
You can launch it from the Start menu via the Games Explorer.
It installs to Program Files just like a regular setup.
You can uninstall it from the Control Panel just like a regular setup.

Can I specify a different directory to install to?
If that’s your thing.

My hard disk drive is filled to the brim with pictures and videos of my cat. Can I just run the game from DVD, without installing it to the hard drive at all?
No, this is not supported. (Sorry, Mr. Mittens!)

Do I need to keep the DVD in my drive to play?
Once the game is fully installed you no longer need the DVD. This is also thanks to our new product activation technology.

man this new tray & play thing will be useful for ONLY the PC's having good (best) config. :(

& one more thing, when i'm installing a game & browsing at same time, it heavily causes system slowdown (HDD being used to its limit), so how the heck this thing's gonna be better. lets wait & see:D

to me only the last "no need of DVD" thing is a good news. :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I read some review , Halo 2 for vista looks horrible (i agree with the review as i have seen the screenshots). Reviewer says it looks even worse than the xbox version because the old crappy textures look ugly on PC resolutions.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Halo for PC came in the proper time when the generation of that sort of graphics was going on , halo was awesome. But halo2 coming so late is a horrible decision, and if the game looks worse than the xbox counterpart then i say, f u halo series and f all the games which treat pc as the secondary platform.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Ya but ms i sagain going to implement product activaton in its games also.
So those without internet connexions.....

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
MS version :
Do I need to keep the DVD in my drive to play?

Once the game is fully installed you no longer need the DVD. This is also thanks to our new product activation technology.

Scene Version :
Do I need the Halo2 DVD?

Once the game is fully downloaded you no longer need the DVD. This is also thanks to our new(ly cracked) product activation technology.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Gamespot has confirmed that Halo 2 for pc on vista will have much better graphics compared to the graphics on xbox and xbox 360 with higher resolution textures and much better environmental details.Many guys were thinking that microsoft doesn't give good treatment to pc gaming,they were wrong.Don't Believe me see this-
*www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=6169712&pid=932095

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
tarey_g said:
Halo for PC came in the proper time when the generation of that sort of graphics was going on , halo was awesome. But halo2 coming so late is a horrible decision, and if the game looks worse than the xbox counterpart then i say, f u halo series and f all the games which treat pc as the secondary platform.

It looks better than the XBOX version as far as the videos go and as far as their words of truth go. But it all depends on your GPU too I guess .. Am waiting for this one, but a 16 player limit restriction sucks in Multi-Player. I'll be slight happy with the Co-Op though. Oh and did I say I wanna play the Arbiter? :))

OP
T

thunderbird.117

QwertyManiac said:
It looks better than the XBOX version as far as the videos go and as far as their words of truth go. But it all depends on your GPU too I guess .. Am waiting for this one, but a 16 player limit restriction sucks in Multi-Player. I'll be slight happy with the Co-Op though. Oh and did I say I wanna play the Arbiter? :))
Hey QW. How are you doing?. Long time no see. :). I have not seen you here for long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I saw the halo 2 pc trailer and the character skinning for Master Chief looked awful compared to the xbox version.It was somewhat similar to Halo:Combat evolved.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Tech Genius said:
Halo 2's release date has been extended to 22 May.

Plz give the source & I still doubt it cause Gamespot & IGN have received Halo2 review copies....I think it is going to come on May 8th itself...They cant postpone the release date within 2-3 days of release

Third Eye

gooby pls
kirangp said:
Plz give the source & I still doubt it cause Gamespot & IGN have received Halo2 review copies....I think it is going to come on May 8th itself...They cant postpone the release date within 2-3 days of release

Source -> Gamespot :p

*www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halo2/index.html?q=Halo 2&tag=result;title;0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom