Halo 2 Coming To Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Gamerz' started by tarey_g, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarey_g

tarey_g Hanging, since 2004..

"Halo 2," the game that redefined first-person combat and multiplayer action for millions of gamers worldwide, is set to explode onto PCs exclusively for Windows Vista. "Halo 2" for Windows Vista will be developed by a dedicated Microsoft Game Studios team in partnership with Bungie Studios.

Only for Windows Vista, "Halo 2" will offer gamers both the single-player campaign and multiplayer experience of the original, as well as the additional maps offered in the "Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack." Gamers will also have the exciting opportunity to build, create and customize their own multiplayer levels.

source

2. vij26

vij26 New Member

Microsoft to sell Halo 2 for Vista!!!

From http://bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=halo2vistaannounce&p=6136047

3. Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

Not a good move. It will take time before Vista gains wide acceptance. Most people will need upgrades to run Vista efficiently and I don't think Halo 2 will force people to upgrade. Initially, the number of people using Vista will be a small fraction of computer users and gamers will form a fraction of that fraction so you see how it will be difficult for Microsoft to sell Halo 2. You can get people to buy a $300-400 console if you make a killer game for it (example: Halo for the Xbox) but you can't people to change OSes and upgrade their computers for a game.

On a side note, unless Bungie make significant changes to the PC version, we could be in for a disappointment. I mena Halo 2 for the Xbox was a good game but it carried more hype than it delivered and there wasn't much improvement over Halo. Halo 2 multiplayer though was a different story with Xbox Live driving online gaming on the Xbox.

Threads merged.

@vij: There was already a thread on this topic right here. Why did you go and post the same topic again? Don't tell me that you didn't see it or that you were too excited to read.

You've been around for a year and should know better than to make a new thread on an existing topic.

4. coolendra

coolendra Neil is Here...

guess now i have 2 buy vista wen it is released jst for playing HALO 2............

sad ......... :-(

5. RCuber

RCuber The Mighty Unkel!!!

things to do for my pc to run halo 2

get a new grafix card
    upgrade ram from 256MB to 2 GB
    setup a 5.1 sound system
    upgrade processor :(
    upgrade other sutff ????
    buy vist

he he he i guess its not gonna happen for me

6. abhijeet_ghosh

abhijeet_ghosh New Member

Well you PC gamers do keep upgrading your comps to play the latest games. Doom 3, HL 2, FEAR... just some of the games which made people upgrade their PCs. But obviously forcing an OS upgrade is a completely different thing. But I think many people are gonna do it b'coz of the hype surrounding Halo 2.

7. moshel

moshel New Member

Vista is not in my site atleast in the near future, i used win 98, until it got obsolete, same thing with xp, maybe xp will stay for 3-4 yrs more
    until them im sticking to xp

8. maina231

maina231 New Member

When it comes lets kick some ass in the multiplayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.