Hackers Selling Vista Zero-Day Exploit !

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Underground hackers are hawking zero-day exploits for Microsoft's new Windows Vista operating system at $50,000 a pop, according to computer security researchers at Trend Micro.

The Windows Vista exploit—which has not been independently verified—was just one of many zero-days available for sale at an auction-style marketplace infiltrated by the Tokyo-based anti-virus vendor.

*www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2073611,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594

"I think the malware industry is making more money than the anti-malware industry... A custom Trojan capable of stealing online account information can be bought for between $1,000 and $5,000, while a botnet-building piece of malware can cost between $5,000 and $20,000..." *i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/shocked.gif

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft's security response team is trying to verify the accuracy of reports that underground hackers are selling zero-day exploits for Windows Vista.
The company said it is aware of claims by anti-virus vendor Trend Micro that Vista exploits are being peddled in underground security forums in the price range of $50,000, but a spokesperson stressed that Microsoft was not contacted directly by any parties about the vulnerability report.
*securitywatch.eweek.com/exploits_and_attacks/ms_investigating_vista_zeroday_exploit_sale.html

eddie

El mooooo
anandk said:
...but a spokesperson stressed that Microsoft was not contacted directly by any parties about the vulnerability report.
Why would anyone contact Microsoft? :?
Its like saying that the pesky mosquitoes didn't contact Mortein before spreading Dengue.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
eddie said:
Why would anyone contact Microsoft? :?
Its like saying that the pesky mosquitoes didn't contact Mortein before spreading Dengue.
*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/rofl.gif

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
:evil: no body can stop the piracy of software becoz only due to the privacy of softwares hardwares are selled and being purchased by the customer in the market and the only reason is that people can't afford the originals one because they are so costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom