Hack Deep Freezer in Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Hello everyone,

Now now now..........what have we got here!
Indeed a S/W to protect changes to your PC called Deep Freeze!

Well we all know that it is quite dificult to hack and disable Deep Freeze, but still if anyone knows how to do this on Windows 98 then he/she please tell me. I do need the solution desperately.

Anyway, anyone can take it as a challenge also!

Do post your solution soon!

Yours truly,
@2z

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
First of all, Deep Freeze has been discontinued. Second of all, asking for cracks in the forums is highly illegal and no one will help you. It will likely just get you a reprimand from the Moderators. Please do not ask for cracks as we cannot give them to you nor point you to where you can get it.

Third, if you're talking about plain old disabling Deep Freeze on your computer, then unless you have access to the program's disable function yourself, pretty much little can be done.

OP
a_to_z123

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
I need to disable it!

Yeah indeed I was talking about disabling Deep Freeze not cracking it!

And BTW I know the rulez of the Forum back-to-front.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Ok, glad we got that cleared up. :D But why do you want to disable DeepFreeze on the Windows 98 system? Did you set it up yourself or are helping out someone else. I tried a bit of Googling, but it looks like unless you have access to the DeepFreeze utility yourself, there's nothing you can do short of a reinstallation. More info would be appreciated.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. There was a combination like Ctrl Shift F10 or something to access the Deep Freeze menu .. There it asked you password if you give the correct password, you can change the settings .. even uninstall it on another reboot ...

You should have a look at this .. ..

Btw .. @ iamnoone .. Deep Freeze isnt discontinued ..its still around .. Recently we were discussing about its XP version ..

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@it_waaznt_me: Ok, thanks a lot for that information. I knew it was discontinued by AMT, but wasnt aware that it was taken over by Faronics. :D But what happens if you dont remember the password for DF? Bye, bye, I suppose?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Thats right I guess.. I had installed that software only once .. That too to taste (not test) it .. Didnt much fiddled with it so I think its gone .. But I remember the Support pages told me about some password reset which was to be provided by the software company .. Which was only for Bona fide customers :p ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom