guys help me build a PC for gaming

prathmesh

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:

I want to play games, mostly. I want to play all day Dota 2, skyrim, Dragon age i.e basically RPG's. also want to play NFS. Might also need to work some softwares like matlab, zeemax, but these are secondary needs. Also normal surfing and video watching .

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:

my budget is around Rs 45 K. I could extend/reduce it by 10K if the specs are really worth it. But basically the smaller the better.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
just read abut it, but never have done it myself. but am open to the idea .

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
WIndows 7 mostly

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:

500gb,

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:

I am going to use my old 32inch PHILIPS lcd televion as monitor.(resolution is 1920x 1080; refresh rate 60Hz) Also want to use the TV's speakers as my audio output.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
just the above mentioned tv

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:
As soon as i am sure of the configuration for the build, and get in touch with a decent assembler. So i think 10 days should be enough.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:An assembler. Hav never touched hardware where the seal said, warranty void if seal broken. Also just Moved to Ahmedabad, dont know anything here. Can anyone give me a number to a good assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Ahmedabad, Yes can buy from flipcart and other sites, but last i checked the rates mentioned in flipcart were 5-10% higher than the ones mentioned in your magazines killer rigs.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Yes, I checked the mid range gaming rigs from your november edition. But thought that the ram it specified was just 4GB. I was thinking something like 6 GB. and thanx a buch for ur time and suggestion.

HAPPY GAMING ALL.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Prathmesh.. since you displayed willingness to add another 10k.. here is what I suggest. I've quoted prices on higher side but you'll get them in less values in local market or if you carefully search across all online shops. So everything should cost you around 50k.

ComponentName Price
CPUCore i5 3570k14000
MotherboardASUS P8Z77-VLX11000
RAMG.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 1600MHz3300
Graphics CardSapphire AMD HD 7850 1GB OC13000
CabinetCorsair 300R4000
HDDWD Caviar Blue 500GB3700
Optical DriveAny DVD Writer900
Keyboard + MouseLogitech Gaming Combo G1001600
PSUCorsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts4000
Total55,500

OP
P

prathmesh

Broken In
Sorry for the late reply, but i had posted a reply , but somehow it did not come in the thread.
Thanks mandar for the config, but u really maxed out my budget there. i just want to play the games already mentioned. if u have the time could u provide me an alternate config for around 45K. but if u are sure that this config is really worth the extra ten K . I am game for it.
And thnx again. :)

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
its worth it if you prefer to go for overclocking...
on amd side of the force you can go for FX8350+gigabyte 990FXA ud3...the combo should cost you around12.5k+9.5K=22K..around 3k saved here...use that money in getting a 7870 for around 16k-17k...and you are all set for gaming.

Top Bottom