!! Guys beware of Ebay scams, sellers faking reputation

desai_amogh

In the zone
Hi Guys,

Today I was searching for a phone for my cousin, and found an ebay seller selling the SE live with Walkman for just Rs 10,600 (where the original price is 12 -13k)

Here is the link for the product on ebay

I did a quick check on the seller by his name and see what I found on one of the Italian forums:

Google Translation of ebay scam thread on an Italian forum

It seems these guys hack (?) into user accounts, buy their own products, never deliver them, Accept that the product is delivered, and leave a good feedback for themselves from the user's account. This prticular seller has sold 2501 products with a 99.8% Positive feedback. God knows how many of those are real sells...

shabbeerhf1 ( Feedback Score Of 2501Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)

Last edited:

soumyadipta9

Broken In
Hi Guys,

Today I was searching for a phone for my cousin, and found an ebay seller selling the SE live with Walkman for just Rs 10,600 (where the original price is 12 -13k)

I did a quick check on the seller by his name and see what I found on one of the Italian forums:

It seems these guys hack (?) into user accounts, buy their own products, never deliver them, Accept that the product is delivered, and leave a good for themselves from the user's account. This prticular seller has sold 2501 products with a 99.8% Positive feedback. God knows how many of those are real sells...

WHAT !!!!!! I was thinking about buying the very same phone from that exact seller !!!! I had also created a thread about it.
Anyways, i backed out in the end & ordered it yesterday from Flipkart. Phew !!!

OP
desai_amogh

desai_amogh

In the zone
yup.. btw I got a good deal on Sahilic at 12.5k

Sony Ericsson Live Coconut Price in India | WT19i Specifications, Features and Reviews

Raccoon

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

It seems these guys hack (?) into user accounts, buy their own products, never deliver them, Accept that the product is delivered, and leave a good feedback for themselves from the user's account. This prticular seller has sold 2501 products with a 99.8% Positive feedback. God knows how many of those are real sells...

I doubt it. Somebody I know has purchased from that seller. Shipping was super fast and he got genuine phone and accessories. Anyway, you can't generalize from just one case...

Raccoon

Journeyman
^^^I didn't mean you! I ment I'v learnt from someone that he had a good experience with the seller, but you can't generalize from one experience. Anyway, reputation aside, you can always claim refund if you find some foul play. So it should not necessarily prevent anybody from purchasing a good deal.

soumyadipta9

Broken In
Had I bought from that seller and then seen these posts I'd have been worried sick.

Having experienced flipkart service (I mean customer service, not just delivery which usually takes more time since I'm in West Bengal) in the past its difficult to switch to anything else. Thats why I decided to stick with them although Saholic was offering a slightly better (about Rs 200 if u consider the free 8 GB card from flipkart) deal :).

Raccoon

Journeyman
^^^Good that you got a good deal from Flipkart. No doubt their service and website is really good... but their prices are usually way too high. I stopped buying from them months ago.

Top Bottom