GUPYH is compressed boot error

cosmos

Broken In
Guyz,

I recently reinstalled windows 7 ultimate edition on my pc. 1st thing is that after installation, the OS took 20GB space on the HDD whereas normally it takes around 10GB.:shock:
But it was working fine until yesterday when I hit the Compress data to save disk space and left it for the night!! The system got shutdown automatically after compression procedure and now when the system boots up it shows:

GUPYH is compressed
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart.

The cursor just keeps blinking there and nothing progresses...
Tried googling this error but strange that no one found anything like this till now. Can any of you please help how to get the system up and running again. I dont want to format it again :?

Cheers,
Cosmos

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
GUPYH? Is it your custom named folder? I cannot relate it, even remotely, to Windows!

In such a case I think another installation is coming your way :D

OP
cosmos

cosmos

Broken In
See this screenshot.
*i53.tinypic.com/1oausj.jpg

I haven't created or modified the file/folder details..Guess reinstallation is the only option :sad:

Cheers,
Cosmos

hansraj

In the zone
lolz..... sorry I am not teasing you but your situation is really hilarious. Sometimes the computers behave in a totally different and strange fashion. I have never come across such problem till date!!!

Get hold of the installation DVD
In the command prompt follow as given below
Type this without the quotes (")

"bootrec /fixmbr"
press enter.

Type this without the quotes (") again

"bootrec /FixBoot"
press Enter.

Now Restart and hope fully the prob would have been solved, if not I guess you have to reinstall. It has been a couple of days by now and I guess you would have already solved your problem :)

Top Bottom