Gunnar Gaming glasses

gamer_geek

Right off the assembly line
During my web research i found an interesting gaming gear called Gunnar gaming glasses. They claim to reduce eye strain and enhance visual performance. I am a DOTA2 player and spend hours playing games. Now, my question is it might reduce eye strain, but how can it enhance performance?? Any body having idea about the brand?? gear??

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I highly recommend Gunnar for gaming. It is a huge upgrade from my previous Crizal A2 which is also supposed to reduce eye strain.
I currently own a pair of Carl Zeiss for normal use and I use the Gunnars for viewing digital content.
That being said, Gunnar is only good for computer use. For normal viewing a spare pair of spectacles is recommended as viewing normally is much more pleasant with normal specs than with Gunnars. The opposite holds true when staring at a screen.

The "enhancing visual performance" part is only true when you have perfect vision. Normal Gunnar specs are slightly powered to make you feel that the screen is closer to you.

abhidev

Human Spambot
the Gunnar glasses add 20% magnification and the contrast levels are well balanced...I have tried them on and they are helpful while reading too :D

bikramjitkar

In the zone
I purchased a pair of Gunnar glasses about a month back. About a week after purchase, as I was taking off the glasses one day, one of the temple pieces broke off. I sent them a mail but didn't get any reply for 4-5 days. Then I posted my complaint to their Facebook page and was told that someone would get back to me. That "someone" did finally respond to my mail and told me to send photos of the damaged frame. I mailed them the pictures and again no response for 2-3 days. Then some guy calls me up and says that they can't make out whether the damage is due to a manufacturing defect or mishandling, so I had to send them the glasses. BUT, they have a replacement period of 14 days only (out of which they wasted more than a week themselves). Now, even if the damage was due to a defect, they would have to send it to the US to get repaired and the courier charge (around Rs 2500) would have to be borne by me! Plus whatever the repair charge. The glasses cost me around Rs 4000 (+ Rs 700 for a carrying case), so no way was I gonna spend 3000+ bucks for repair and told the guy that, to which he replied that I should try getting them repaired at any local optical shop. No luck there either, so now I have to tape up the glasses to use them.

About the glasses themselves, they do reduce eye strain a bit but don't miraculously make you a better gamer. Certainly overpriced for what they are. And if you happen to break them (very likely considering how flimsy they are), don't even bother contacting the company.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
^^ I can agree with you on that.
Company officials are extremely incompetent.
During ordering:
1. I gave my eyes' power 6 times.
2. Gave my address 3 times.
3. Phoned them at least 20 times.

They took extremely long to get one job done correctly.

Top Bottom