Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
go4saket

go4saket

Chetan1991 said:
Really impressive!!
Can I do the same with CDs also??
If not then please tell me appropriate tools to do so.

No Chetan, the dummy sector problem is not present with VCD's. So you dont need to follow this procedure with it. As for VCD, try VCD Cutter. I am sure it will fulfill most of your needs.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Hey guys, can some one guide me as to how can I convert DV-AVI to XVID/DIVX. Is it possible with Auto Gordian Knot.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Tmpgenc Xpress? Are you sure it can convert DV-AVI to XVID... As per my knowladge, it doesnt convery to XVID.

plsoft

Journeyman
There is an option for XVID but mine always gives errors while encoding, i haven't figured out the problem yet. Maybe u shud giv it a try. Alternatively you can use Pinnacle Studio to edit and convert to avi (Codec of your choice).

aj27july

Journeyman
First of all i copy the files to my hard disk using DVD-Decrypter. Then i use VIRTUALDUB MOD to cinvert it into a compressed AVI.
Thats the simplest method. and its not that much time consuming.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

You are welcome ax3. BTW, you said you made a DVD with three movies. Why only three, you could have always packed 6 in XVID or DIVX format, i.e. if your DVD player supports MPEG4. The quality of XVID/DIVX is anyday better than that of compressed movies in DVD format.

New

Padawan
Nice tut with good explanation..Btw can anyone tell which is best freeware to convert DVD to Divx/Xvid?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Dude I tried lot of softwares to convert DVD to Divx and Xvid but I finally thought Auto Gordian is good and easy ! I havent tried virtual Dub! I think you need to be a little pro to use Virtual Dub not so intuitive as Auto Gordian!

New

Padawan
I have been using Virtual Dub for last one year and it's a good softy..Anyways willl give try to Auto Gordian.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Thanks fro the appreciation guys! As for converting DVD to XVID/DIVX, its rightly said to use Auto Gordian Knot. AGK uses Virtual Dub in the base for the conversion.

thetillian

The Revolutionary
Can someone tell me a software with which I can make Menu's for DVD Movies. The software should support sub-titles, aminated menu's if possible and most important, should not re-encode the movie all over again.

I have tried Nero Vision & Nero Recode, but both of them reencodes the movies all over again. DVD Lab Pro is quite complicated. So please dont recommend me any of these softwares.

I think the most of the softwares used to create animated menus are shareware and i use Adobe Encore DVD, an excellent tool should suffice all your need's, it's very easy to use try it man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom