Discussion: GTX 560Ti not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
VX450 can easily power your Rig even in O'clocked condition. The power draw would be still under 400W. It's not your PSU at fault, MSI cards are known for more RMA service than other brands like Asus, Sapphire.

Play with the card unless you discover it's a permanent problem, then go with RMA again.

The total power consumption of Core i7 980x and GTX 560Ti SOC reaches near 340W in LOAD.

*techreport.com/articles.x/20293/13

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
^^^the power draw wont be under 400w..
just do an rough calculation with any wattage calculator..
u did had a look @ his siggy...right?

Last edited:
OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Well guys , it seems like the board itself has a problem. This is my 2nd Abit IP-35E board too :( . It'll take atleast 15 days for a replacement to arrive (warranty is there).

They managed to get the CPU Heatsink fan working after cleaning it , and the GPU was working fine on other boards too.

Guess it's 2 weeks of non-gaming...oh wait , I still have Mario Kart Wii online and a DS :D

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Well, I've ordered a new PSU anyway , just to be on the safe side. Getting a Corsair TX750W . I don't think it was a problem with the connector, because the GPU refused to function even on my friend's PC (he used a corsair vx450W as well).

My mobo might take even longer to come now , after nearly 20 days..the service center informs me that they're unable to fix the board and are requesting a replacement from ABIT >_ > . Lord knows how long that'll take.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Well, I finally got the board... but it was a hassle , because ABIT had shutdown in 2009 :p . They're still honouring warranties upto 2012 I believe.

So, I got a new motherboard , an IX-38 QuadGT. I was initially happy since this was a huge upgrade over my IP35-E. It had provisions for 3 GPUs (2 in cross-fire) and one at 4x speed.

The technicians at ITDEPOT installed the mobo , with a new PSU (Corsair 750W TX) and a cabby (CoolerMaster CM 690-II advanced). It was working fine, and I brought it home. After an hour of usage, I went out for dinner...came back and discovered that the monitor had gone blank and the system had frozen.

Powered it off , but after that it refused to power on (although power was still there , lights were visible). The Error code displayed on the LED (this board has an LED that shows POST codes) was C.C which meant the CMOS jumper hadn't been shorted properly. Double...no..triple checked the jumpers , switched off power and did every trick in the book, but the code still stayed at C.C and the PC refused to power on.

Took it back to the ITDEPOT today morning , technician tried his best but couldn't get power on thanks to the damned C.C error.

Anyway , the whole point of this thread was for the GTX 560 Ti ...which is actually fine. Mods please close this thread. If the technician is unable to fix the board , I'm not going to RMA it again (already waited 42 days for the board to arrive) , I'm going to buy a new one from a different manufacturer.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
You have written your PSU is Corsair 750W TX. But in your signature it is written that your PSU is VX450W. If the PSU is the one mentioned in sign, then you have underpowered your GPU & killed it. Otherwise, that gpu was faulty.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
No , there was never a problem with the GPU. GPU didn't get RMA'd , it was the motherboard that got RMA'd. And now the RMA'd motherboard died after 1 hour of usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom