• Total voters

Alok

Adventurer
Mods please add a poll to this thread...:-D

Your fav gta protagonist>

Tommy / Carl (CJ) / Niko

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
added these names to the poll with a multiple vote option.

Claude
Tommy Vercetti
Carl Jonson
Niko Bellic
Johnny Klebitz
Luis Lopez

My preference goes like this... Tommy Vercetti -Luis Lopez-Niko Bellic-Carl Jonson

OP
thetechfreak

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Voted for CJ and Tommy

By the way you guys saw this yet?

GTA 5 multiple protagonists theory: the evidence | PC Gamer

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I never liked the appeal of GTA ever. Used to play some random encounters in Vice City and GTA 3 and that's it. It was too cartoony.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I never liked the appeal of GTA ever. Used to play some random encounters in Vice City and GTA 3 and that's it. It was too cartoony.

Years ago, some 10-14 year old kids used to do that in the gaming zones, just random mindless play-through's and never get into the story. Yeah the story might not appeal mature audiences, but there's a ton of humor in them, just pure fun ;)

But hey, which game isn't cartoony? most of them just try to imitate realism, except for the simulators.
If realism was your issue, GTA4's Euphoria animation engine does a pretty damn good job at that, give it a try.

Last edited:
OP
thetechfreak

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Play GTA IV and I am sure this will somewhat change, the story in GTA IV is also one of the most epic ever IMO.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Why does everyone think GTA V will be a port? Max Payne 3 wasn't, that's why it ran so smoothly, and why it had exclusive DX11 support.

Because GTA4 sucked balls on PC. So bad, that even on the high-eng rigs, the weather change in the game, like rain, pulled down the fps to 15-20fps.
Not sure if MP3's PC performance would influence GTA5, but who knows, developers these days have been showing a lot of love for PC ports :p

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Years ago, some 10-14 year old kids used to do that in the gaming zones, just random mindless play-through's and never get into the story. Yeah the story might not appeal mature audiences, but there's a ton of humor in them, just pure fun ;)

the story & the comic dialogues were for mature audience only, young noobs only understood the 'f' words in that game, & strip clubs :p

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

But hey, which game isn't cartoony? most of them just try to imitate realism, except for the simulators.
If realism was your issue, GTA4's Euphoria animation engine does a pretty damn good job at that, give it a try.

It's just that Mafia set the standard for me and nothing seemed better than that. I guess it was as much realistic as video games can get without sacrificing the fun.

I'll try GTA 4 some time.

Top Bottom