GT240 running at 405MHz

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i have sparkle GT240 1GB DDR3 GPU and its supposed to have 550MHz core clock

yesterday i was thinking about trying to OC it using MSI afterburner. but i noticed that core clock stays on 405MHz even when system is idle or at full load [i have tried to increase core clock from afterburner sliders but it still stays on 405MHz].
i have tried changing power management setting to 'max performance' in nvidia control panel but it didn't worked
why it stays on 405MHz when its supposed to run at 550MHz

memory and shader clocks are also running at low speed
screenshots

at idle:

*i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/hgps/idleclock.png

at load : [played Test drive unlimited 1 for 10 mins]

*i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/hgps/load.png

i have nvidia 296.10 drivers

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
GPUZ is showing current reading.. click on a down arrow(right of Text "GPU core clock") and there click on "show highest Reading"

start GPUZ so it can monitor
Play games
then see the Highest Reading

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
GPUZ is showing current reading.. click on a down arrow(right of Text "GPU core clock") and there click on "show highest Reading"

start GPUZ so it can monitor
Play games
then see the Highest Reading

the graph in both CPU-Z [red line] and msi afterburner is straight = 405MHz even at load :(

here is the new screenshot showing max core clock frequency. its 405MHz only :cry:

*i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/hgps/maxz.png

wth is wrong ?

i am now using 197.45 drivers. it ran at 550MHz and even at 654MHz [after OC] core clock for some time. but suddenly fps dropped while running benchmark and its showing 405MHz now.

what's the problem ?? :(

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
Did you played the games while GPU z was monitoring and then checked Highest reading..

and if it is running well with old drivers then it is totally driver issue. just use Drivers which work well.

dibya_kol

In the zone
seems to be ur 3d clock having some problem, try using letest driver (i am nt sure about the letest nvidia driver for a while) .. If problem persist RMA ur card.

Top Bottom