ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Temperature is fine. Every laptop will hit >= 85 degrees Celsius under load.

I guess, your 80% means 80% of Tjmax which is 80 degrees.

Ok..i did as i was told...

I fired up Assasins Creed 3.. due to bad performance i never made it past Boston...so i loaded up and to my shock the game ran decently smooth. All settings at the minimum resolution at 1280X720, but i was glad i could actually get some playable framerates. I started roaming, running and picking pockets from crowds of soldiers with ease..no sluggishness no choppiness. It was a delight knowing i can roam with ease in Boston area when people elsewhere are struggling here despite their high end graphic cards..
But like all good things,it had to have a catch. Not even 5 minutes into the game that my laptop fan started whirring like hurricane katarina. Im used to it since it occured occasionally before. But then GPU Widget alarm started ringing.(*addgadgets.com/download/GPU_Meter.zip) and i realised something wasnt right...
It warned me of above 80% temperature,which i had set as a threshold limit.
I touched the left side of my laptop's rear and i almost burned my hands. Instantly i shut the game!

Pissed by my shortlived happiness i started running other games. Mass Effect3, Burnout Paradise, Skyrim ran as good as usual..no change whatsover in smoothness or visuals... Although i run Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim at HIGH PERFORMANCE mode from Configure Switchable Graphics. Seems my new method (disable Dual Graphic)made no difference. I guess these games ignored the dual gpu feature right from the start.

Is there a way to control temperature??? I really fear for my laptop.... :( :(
How did u manage to get good fps??? Did u update the driver??

rohanseth8

Broken In
AC3 at low gives decent fps except for Boston. No matter what I do, Boston ruins it for me. :(
NFS at medium plays really smooth at 22-35 fps approx.

I updated the drivers form amd site 12.11 beta. Gaming got increased from 6.1 to 6.5 in windows experience index. But since wei is crap i will check for any performance gains and tell

Top Bottom