graphics issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dextr

Right off the assembly line
My config is MSI p45 Neo motherboard,Inter core 2 duo E6300,point of view 8800gt with 512 mb , and 2 gb of ddr2 800 mhz ram and 500w power supply.Im runnin it on xp 32 bit sp2.The problem is some times when i play games like gears of war or crysis(all at highest settings @1024 X 768 the comp hangs.If I restart the comp it works fine.Again sometimes it doesnt happen at all even after continuous 10 hrs of intense playing.So wat can be the possible problem? similar problem occured when i was working on 3ds max

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
OCed parts might be the culprit......Hav u've OCed any parts.....................improper OCin causes this problem

OP
D

dextr

well my mother board came with a software that oc 's the cpu and gpu according to the load on it.. so i tried switching it off..games running cool til now..but it crashed again during a process in 3ds max again..i m monitoring the temp constantly..the gpu runs at around 57c and cpu is at 40 -50 c..now this is ok isnt it??i was thinking maybe my power supply is the culprit..a peculiar thing i noticed the comp crashed when i was tryin to play cs 1.6(very low graphics requirement) at opengl mode with vsync forced off....im totally confused !!!! is it issue with driver or the card or power supply...somebody help me!!!

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I think the PSU is not providing enough juice to run your system. Which brand of PSU are you using?

OP
D

dextr

i am using glacial stars 500w psu model no GS-500A ..it has16A on 12v1 and 13A on 12v2 ..btw i tried increasing my gpu fan speed using rivatuner...now it feels to run a little better as gears of war can rarely strangle my comp even if it tries to... but occasional crashes still occur.. i have noticed that my gpu temp shoots upto 70 c on load with cpu at around 50-55 c whereas the idle temp is around 56 c and 36 c respectively. crashes generally occur after the gpu sizzles at around 75 c.but hey!! its still below the limit!!.so the bottomline is now i am totally confused whether its my psu or the cooling system or both or somethin' else!!!!

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Change your PSU, and this time buy from reputed brands like CM, Tagan, Antec, VIP, Zebronics etc. They'll cost more than the unbranded ones, but they're worth the extra money. I have a 6600GT which can go upto 76 degrees on load but still there are no crashes.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
FYI Glacier Star is also a reputed brand and they just now start selling their PSU's in India... They were already a best selling PSUs in UK and North American states... So the PSU wasn't surely the problem...

OP
D

dextr

****!!! i haven't still paid the money for this psu(got it last month only keeping in mind the upgrade) i think if i'll have to invest some more money then i should go for a good cabinet + psu rather than a standalone psu..searching other threads for one such..thnx guys for ur posts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom