Padawan
which one would be best to have

Intel 5700 MHD
Intel GMA HD
NVIDIA Optimus Graphics

model name: Thinkpad T410

pauldmps

Banned
The Thinkpad T410 comes with optional Nvidia Quadro NVS 2100M graphics which is not meant for gaming. It is a low end GPU.

So unless you're going into gaming, you don't need a dedicated GPU. It is better that you go for integrated Intel. It will save some battery life.

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
okay ... i am not into that gaming but yes i do play games like NFS, CoD etc. with GS9300M (lenovo G430) and i am quite satisfied with that. going for T410 (i3 or i5) where photoshop, adobe DW, oracle 10g and studio should work flawlessly. little bit of movies (HD and BR) and music.

now suggest GMA HD or 5700 MHD if nvidia is not considered.

pauldmps

Banned
If I am not wrong, both the GMA HD & 5700 MHD means the same graphics.Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD - Notebookcheck.net Tech

Are they listed as different GPUs in Lenovo site ? Can you provide me a link to that page ?

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
ok ...

as per Wiki GMA HD and GMA 4500MHD (not 5700) tagged separately.

lenovo is not mentioning graphics in the model details

ref
ThinkPad T410 2518B21
ThinkPad T410 2518A91

pauldmps

Banned
But you are talking about GMA HD & 5700 MHD. Both are definately same:

Notebookcheck.net suggests :

The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Graphics, Intel HD Graphics, or GMA HD (or GMA5700MHD) is an onboard / shared memory graphics card for laptops that is bundled in the package of the new Arrandale dual core CPUs

The two models you specified have different CPUs & hard-disk specs. The GPUs are same.

Top Bottom