Graphics designer PC ~ 75k

deepakg

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: : I am a website / graphics designer and app developer, I use Adobe Creative Suite, Eclipse and Android studio for Android App development, Use Adobe Premier for small video editing job, I do heavy Internet surfing and watch movies, Frequent game player. And use Odin and other stock market applications.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 70k may be 5k extra if worth it
(please give same for 40k)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB + Boot SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, I need 24 inch monitor with full HD ( with at least 1 HDMI and a VGI port)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I don't have any components to reuse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: On the occassion of Dusshera (22'nd Oct)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: never assmbled desktop, will be done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Akola city (Maharashtra) Online experience not good. Like to purchase components from Local shop or from Lamington Road, Mumbai (Only 8 hours journey distance from my city by train)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Will it better to purchase components from Lamington Road, Mumbai??

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 75k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Xeon E3 1245 v319,000
MotherboardMSI H97 PC Mate6,500
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB(2x4GB) 1600Mhz4,500
Graphics CardZotac GTX 960 2GB15,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 520 Evo Edition5,900
CabinetCorsair SPEC-013,500
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus 24D3ST DVD/RW1,000
MonitorDell S2415H 24" LED IPS14,000
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
MouseIncluded in combo
Total74,200

Budget - 45k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i3 4150
Motherboard
Asus B85M-G
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz
Graphics CardAsus GTX750Ti 2GB OC
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC
CabinetZebronics Vent
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W
MonitorDell S2240L 22" LED IPS
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo
MouseIncluded in combo0
Total44,300

OP
D

deepakg

Journeyman
Thank you [MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] for quick reply. Could you please tell why you chosen Intel Xeon E3 1245 v3 and not i4/i5???

dekaron

Broken In
Xeons are more budget friendly i7s with lower price, TDP and performance, better than i5/i3 for graphics designs modelling etc

Get the Xeons ending with 0, you dont need the iGPU

OP
D

deepakg

Journeyman
Thanks [MENTION=309338]dekaron[/MENTION]. From where should I purchase it? Locally in my small city or from Lamington Road, Mumbai? Pls suggest boot ssd too.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=656]deepakg[/MENTION],

For your information, if you are looking for a high performance rig; you really need to add a good GPU for graphics and RAM 16GB (8x2) for speed. If you run 2 RAM sticks, you will be running memory in dual channel which will be a greater increase in performance than running a single stick in single channel.

Just a suggestion, if you have the extra budget, then I'd suggest you to upgrade the RAM with high frequency like 1866Mhz.

I also noticed that you choose only HDD for storage. I'd also suggest you to add the SSD in your build. The SSD mostly used as the OS/boot drive or storage drive. It all depends on your choice and budget. I agree that the SSD is expensive, however, they are worth for every penny.

Top Bottom