Graphics Cards related queries here.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

coz it is to be gifted to my brother
it is his b`day today
Then its wise to get him a XpertVision 9600GT for 5.5k or simply get him a ASUS EN8600GT 256MB DDR3 costs somewhere around 4k, which play all the games u mentioned at med settings at decent resolution... I promise he will never get disappointed with that card. In addition, its a DX10 card....:D
All for 4k...
Its upto u to choose between 9600GT and 8600GT....

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member

lol just think if i wait for a month and the card does not support the asterope motherboard or some compatible prob. i would waste all my savings

suggest some 512 ddr3 card plz

Last edited:

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member

k thanks t oall u guyz

i would try to wait for the hd4670
or go for
1.xfx9600gt 512mb gddr3
2.En8600gt

i will try to import the card via my dealer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

lol just think if i wait for a month and the card does not support the asterope motherboard or some compatible prob. i would waste all my savings

suggest some 512 ddr3 card plz

Man, wat u tlking abt compatible pbm.... it works well if u have a PCIe slot...so no compatibility issue there...
For ur ques,
ASUS Extreme 8600GT 512MB DDR3
ASUS EN8600GT 512MB DDR3(I hope this one is not same as above one..) There is a Silent Edition too
Just go enquire abt that and get it to ur bro..
Happy b'day wish to ur bro....

imgame2

Padawan

coz it is to be gifted to my brother
it is his b`day today

a month for india

so it would take nearly 3 months for nashik

i dont think hd4670 card will support my vga monitor
i cant c the port in the picture

go for what kpower has suggested and ..don't worry it will support ur VGA monitor there will a dongle inside the card box which is called DVI to VGA dongle ...and it will be fine with u ...

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member

ok thanks a lot to you all
me moving right on the street now to enquire

i will surely inform u watever i do

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

ok thanks a lot to you all
me moving right on the street now to enquire

i will surely inform u watever i do
Lets get tat dude.... And inform after u get tat ....

imgame2 said:
u look like quite charged up today dude ......:D:)
Yes dude... i just now return to work after two days Day off...:D

Last edited:

arvindravindranath

Right off the assembly line

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
i think i killed my GPU!!!!!
nooooooooooooo.....
ok,here's what i did,i have an old 128 mb BIG fx5200 agp card
today morning i couldn't start my comp and i thought it just conked off i removed and reinserted the hard disk,ram.....everything but to no avail so i just popped in my xp recovery disk(i have an hp pavillion desktop) then after recovery when i reinsert my GPU(IF IT CAN BE CALLED ONE) the black screen comes and it says c:/system32/config.sys is missing please call your service guy blah blah....but it works fine without it so i switch off the power and then restart then i insert my software cd(the gpu's software disk) and i see "windows 98 startup menu" wtf? how can i get that when i have only xp then it tells me to start with or without cd rom support obviously i press the second option for cd rom support after that it says that system bios is corrupted please press any key to recover your bios from image stored in BIOS2 or press ctrl+c to quit,i keep pressing keys and two messages come on telling me that it is succesful and asking me to press the switch switch from bios1 to bios2 i can't find any switch on my gpu so i ignore it then i press another key it says bios transfer failed...........i remove the gpu and restart without it and it works perfectly......what do i do?did i kill it or can i recover it?

imgame2

Padawan

Yes dude... i just now return to work after two days Day off...:D
....oh welcome back man ...!!! after two days :D

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
i think i killed my GPU!!!!!
nooooooooooooo.....
ok,here's what i did,i have an old 128 mb BIG fx5200 agp card
today morning i couldn't start my comp and i thought it just conked off i removed and reinserted the hard disk,ram.....everything but to no avail so i just popped in my xp recovery disk(i have an hp pavillion desktop) then after recovery when i reinsert my GPU(IF IT CAN BE CALLED ONE) the black screen comes and it says c:/system32/config.sys is missing please call your service guy blah blah....but it works fine without it so i switch off the power and then restart then i insert my software cd(the gpu's software disk) and i see "windows 98 startup menu" wtf? how can i get that when i have only xp then it tells me to start with or without cd rom support obviously i press the second option for cd rom support after that it says that system bios is corrupted please press any key to recover your bios from image stored in BIOS2 or press ctrl+c to quit,i keep pressing keys and two messages come on telling me that it is succesful and asking me to press the switch switch from bios1 to bios2 i can't find any switch on my gpu so i ignore it then i press another key it says bios transfer failed...........i remove the gpu and restart without it and it works perfectly......what do i do?did i kill it or can i recover it?

u did so many things ..but as long as u are getting something on monitor through GPU ..its working its not killed ...

and man windows 98 ...after a long long time i heard that name ....did not know they were still being used ..

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

....oh welcome back man ...!!! after two days :D
Its actually four days, but two days i m resting in office as my system crashed and i just sit idle or go out for two days, and yesterday only i fix the pbm...So i am in Day Off for past four days... How good it is...:D

akhilazeeb

Right off the assembly line

I m currently using intel 865gbf board which suppports only agp graphic cards(+p4 3ghz processor).please suggest a card under 4k for with best performance...

imgame2

Padawan

I m currently using intel 865gbf board which suppports only agp graphic cards(+p4 3ghz processor).please suggest a card under 4k for with best performance...

well its very difficult to get an AGP card these days ... and if u get one it will be very costly and will not be worth the money ...

my suggestion will be upgrade the whole system and go for much better cards available on PCI ex ...

u can upgrade a system in about 10 k ( G31 chipset mobo+ E7200+RAM =2.8k+5.4+2k~10k or less if u choose a lower C2D)

add a gfx card later ..it will be much better option than spending on AGP ..

but if u still want to go for an AGP Card ..the best that is available is Point of View 7300 GT @3.9 k @ itwares

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

well its very difficult to get an AGP card these days ... and if u get one it will be very costly and will not be worth the money ...

my suggestion will be upgrade the whole system and go for much better cards available on PCI ex ...

u can upgrade a system in about 10 k ( G31 chipset mobo+ E7200+RAM =2.8k+5.4+2k~10k or less if u choose a lower C2D)

add a gfx card later ..it will be much better option than spending on AGP ..

but if u still want to go for an AGP Card ..the best that is available is Point of View 7300 GT @3.9 k @ itwares

I was going to say this so +1.

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven

Hey guys,there is a surprising news for us........ATI is going to release first DirectX 11 GPU in 2009..................

*www.newtechnology.co.in/amd-ati-directx-11-graphics-cards-gpu-in-2009/

Top Bottom