Graphics Cards related queries here.

Sambit

Right off the assembly line
Re: Graphics Card Question

To view TV channels you will need a TV Tuner card. Nothing else will do.

For decent casual gaming I recommend nVidia FX5200 based cards. Now this card is not a TV Tuner card but a plain graphics card. To meet all your requirements, you will need to buy :

1. TV Tuner Card - 1.7k
2.GFX Card - 2.8k

Thanks for your reply. Now, cant I get a card which has both, I mean a GeForce FX5200 with TV-Tuner rather than buying two different card ??
Well if such a card exists then it makes sense to buy that only if the price of it is less than ( 1.8 + 2.7=) 4.5 K.

anishcool

TE God
Re: Graphics Card Question

Sambit said:
Now, cant I get a card which has both, I mean a GeForce FX5200 with TV-Tuner rather than buying two different card ??
Well if such a card exists then it makes sense to buy that only if the price of it is less than ( 1.8 + 2.7=) 4.5 K.

Yes you can get Graphic cards with a built in TV-Tuner, but those will definately not be below 4k.

Ati's All-in-wonder cards have all the features you are looking for, but to my knowledge even the Radeon 9000 Pro all-in-wonder retails for somewhere around 8-9k

Though I am not sure at all on the prices. I recommend you check out the prices from a dealer or post a thread asking for prices.

If I get the prices I will PM you.

Cheers !

Anish.

The Day Walker!

In the zone
6200 or 5200???

hey pals...

had several questions... needed some help...

1. wot is the price range...... of asus 6200 cards........???

i checked the asus site,,, for various models, for 6200,

and got this 2, N6200/TD, N6200GE/TD.

the 1st 1, says agp 4x complient, but the second 1 doesnt says anything

like that, so

2. wanted 2 know whether the 2nd 1 is also 4x complient or not????

3. is it better 2 buy a 5200 card or 2 buy a 6200 card????

thanx

TDW {RES}

mohit

The Hardware Labs
you should have posted this on the sticky for all grafix card queries. go here.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13761

mods plz move this query there.

The Day Walker!

In the zone
6200 or 5200???

hey pals...

had several questions... needed some help...

1. wot is the price range...... of asus 6200 cards........???

i checked the asus site,,, for various models, for 6200,

and got this 2, N6200/TD, N6200GE/TD.

the 1st 1, says agp 4x complient, but the second 1 doesnt says anything

like that, so

2. wanted 2 know whether the 2nd 1 is also 4x complient or not????

3. is it better 2 buy a 5200 card or 2 buy a 6200 card????

thanx

TDW {RES}

medigit

In the zone
it depends on ur budget.if u have a high budget then go for 6200 but other than that go for 5200 .Its is a good value for money Graphics card

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
dude geforce 6200 may be better than radeon 9600 and fx 5600

what comparision

geforce 6200 non-tc
better still geroce 6600 agp,abt 8k

sam2211

Broken In
hey ppl, this is my comp:
pentium 4 2.8 ghz
512 mb ram
geforce 4 mx 400 :(
and the other usual stuff
that mx card is completely useless, culd sumone pls suggest the best card for a price below 10k, thanks a lot
:wink: :wink:

sandeeprao

Broken In
does anyone know which version of directx does the geforce 4 mx 420 support????i'm having heck a lot of problems..i recently installed "mohpa" but when i start the game it just gives a message that " u need a DX8.1 compactable card".but the readme file says that the game has been tested with a geforce3,4,4ti etc. so how come it doesn't work for me??

sam2211

Broken In
akshayt said:
go for 6600gt agp if you don't want to upgrade to pci-e

agp shd be abt 11k and up
are the pci-e cards that much better? can i install a pci-e card on my comp? wat are the prices for the pci-e cards?
thanks a lot :) :)

OP
geek_rohit

geek_rohit

In the zone
sandeeprao said:
does anyone know which version of directx does the geforce 4 mx 420 support????i'm having heck a lot of problems..i recently installed "mohpa" but when i start the game it just gives a message that " u need a DX8.1 compactable card".but the readme file says that the game has been tested with a geforce3,4,4ti etc. so how come it doesn't work for me??

You might need to update you drivers. And install the latest version of DirectX

@sam2211 you can install a PCI-E card only if your computer is based on the new intel 915 or 925 chipset.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
amd 64 too have support for pci-e

also,some games aren't supported by geforce 4mx

also,pci-e is newer over agp,in mid range cards atleast cost a bit cheaper and won't you prefer it over agp

but you can wait some time to make biger upgrade.

sam2211

Broken In
i think ill stick to an agp card for now, thanks for the help ill check prices for the 6600gt in my area. till then i wanted to switch to the intel extreme graphics chip that i have, how do i switch from my agp to the intel xtreme?
thanks a lot for the help

nashedi

Right off the assembly line
supersaiyan said:
hey nashedi, the 6200 is available in only 32mb man. u need a pci-ex mobo and atleast 512mb ram to run it. but yes it is around3-4k.

hey man i think i worte there 6200/256 mb perfectly clear....
can't u read it that way....(not the tc thing dude) :p

sam2211

Broken In
dude will the 6600gt allow me to play most of the games with full graphics, like deus ex invisible war and maybe even hl2. does the gt come in 128 and 256, wat are the prices for both
thanks

Top Bottom