Graphics Cards related queries here.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
don't u think this is better 128mb geforce 6600gt over 256mb fx 5950ultra

also doesn't 6200tc come in 64mb dedicated and upto 256mb ram

PrinceHeart

In the zone
hi guys,

potsing my query in detail here ( hopefully for the final time before actually buying the real thing)

my config.
* Intel 850GB mobo with 512KB L2 cache AGP4X 256RDRAM
* WIN98SE and WINXP PRO_SP2
(don't want to change this config, my pc just lacking a good video card, everything else is just SWEET)

my budget.
* around 10k min. - 20k max.
(looking for a good card for 3 months - and got the budget upto 20k now, not gonna raise it anymore)

my needs.
* want to buy 256MB card or 512 if in price range ? (if im putting 20k in this, then why not go for 256MB or 512MB if available? never heard of 512MB graphic card yet though)
* play latest games for the next 4-5 yrs atleast - with full resolutions, textures and details.
* watch dvd movies from my pc's dvd-rom on my SONY WEGA 29'' flat TV with help of s-video or whatever.

questions.
* can my pc config. handle the x8** series of ATI RADEON ? i got an extra power supply cord left on the mobo.
* is geforce6800 really that good compare to ATI as i have found in many other forum posts ? i asked this questions - since im still confuse about what to go for - ATI or GEFORCE
* what is dual GPU and stuffs ? I got noooo idea !!
* dunno about pipelines and other stuffs either. and overclocking ? i don't wanna get into that at all. I heard it dangerous for novice users. I just don't wanna get stuck with a wrong card after spending 20k. I don't think u guys will love to be in that position either right ?

suggestion
Going to lamingtom road in mumbai in 4 days.
HELP ME OUT HERE !!

and yes, im a mad guy, putting 20k on a graphic card, i would had rather spend it on a week trip to goa and have lots of fun ;)
Anyway - please suggest the right stuff for me and my PC.

cheers

anishcool

TE God
Wow, thats a whole lot of questions Prince !

Anyways I will try to answer all of them.

PrinceHeart said:
* want to buy 256MB card or 512 if in price range ? (if im putting 20k in this, then why not go for 256MB or 512MB if available? never heard of 512MB graphic card yet though)

You will have to go for a 256 MB card. 512 MB is released by Ati for the X850XT but will cost about 40k upwards. Read the article here.

PrinceHeart said:
can my pc config. handle the x8** series of ATI RADEON ? i got an extra power supply cord left on the mobo.
* is geforce6800 really that good compare to ATI as i have found in many other forum posts ? i asked this questions - since im still confuse about what to go for - ATI or GEFORCE
* what is dual GPU and stuffs ? I got noooo idea !

I think your PC config should be able to handle the x8** and 6*** series but as your AGP port is 4x, you will get only half the performance of the card. If you still want to invest in a card worth that much go for the 6800 GT blindly. You should be able to find to on Lamington road for less than 20k

Dual GPU's can only be fitted on motherboards that support SLI (Scalable Link Interface) so you cannot install them.

My suggestion

Buy the XFX 6600 GT 256 MB ( Which I will buy in a few days !) for about 14k and spend the rest of your money on upgrading your system RAM to 512 MB. Its no use having such a good GPU without a decent amount of RAM to complement it.

PrinceHeart said:
i would had rather spend it on a week trip to goa and have lots of fun ;)
You are always welcome to Goa with your PC for a LAN party :lol:

Cheers !

Anish.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
VIVO ???

hey guyz can somebody explain what is VIVO (Video in Video out) .... i am planning to buy a Powercolor Rdeon X800XL card and it has this feature but i dont understand what it is ... also does 16 pixel pipelines mean it is a pci-e card ? i jsut read the review of this card in this months CHIP and they say it rockz !!!! .......any suggestions are welcome.

D

dinesh_singh

plz help

i m planning to buy the leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH Extreme graphic card.....after the benchmarks from pc quest which gave it the best performer in midrange catogary.also it is priced at rs 10700 whic is much lesser then xfx and asus.i m buying 2 pieces from topnotch infotronix india pvt limited.
should i go for it....
plz help me...i m doing a good thing or a foolishness cozi never heared about leadtek and is suspicious about it.

guys plz help

PrinceHeart

In the zone
@anish

thanks for your suggestions

I am planning to get new mobo Intel D915GAV 1MB L2 Cache with pentium 3E Ghz with HT and 512 X 2 DDRRAM 400 MHz after few months. That will cost me ard 25-30k.

But for now I want to get a card which will work with my present PC config. But later should work to its full limits cause the new mobo will have 8X AGP then.

So should I go for ATI X8** series or whatever ? I really want to buy a top notch card - 1st and last time. Well I like the ATI brand just cause the logo looks cool :D

going to mumbai on 12th, so everyone/anyone who can get me some good suggestions are invited.

@mohit
Yaar can u tell me how much the powercolor radeon X800XL card will cost ard ? and how much MB and bits ?

dinesh_singh - plz help me...i m doing a good thing or a foolishness cozi never heared about leadtek and is suspicious about it.

LeadTek is a famous brand/company. try searching in google.co.in or yahoo - u will be surprised - how many search results u will get. :D
I don't know about the specific graphic card u posted here, should be ok if its from LeadTek, but besure to always check/test the hardware before u buy it.

anishcool

TE God
PrinceHeart said:
@anish

thanks for your suggestions

I am planning to get new mobo Intel D915GAV 1MB L2 Cache with pentium 3E Ghz with HT and 512 X 2 DDRRAM 400 MHz after few months. That will cost me ard 25-30k.

Ah, you are always welcome. The system above will support your card properly. But, that system will have an option for PCI-e as well. That means it only makes sense to invest in a PCI-e card if you are going to buy that system !

Doesn't that confuse you ? :roll:

Well my suggestion is that when you buy a PC go for AMD, as that will support AGP cards and buy an AGP card right now.

Dude, forget the logo and go for the 6800 Ultra or GT whatever fits in your budget. the 6800 thrashes the x800 hollow.

If you feel Ati it is then go for the Powercolor Radeon X800XL 256 MB for 21k available at Mediatech.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
dude do zebronics even make thier own card

b/w the xfx 128mb geforce 6600gt is for 10300 probably in delhi
and xfx may come with game/games and 3yrs warranty

bargain and try to make it 10000

how is that?

cost of x800?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
dude do zebronics even make thier own card

b/w the xfx 128mb geforce 6600gt is for 10300 probably in delhi
and xfx may come with game/games and 3yrs warranty

bargain and try to make it 10000

how is that?

cost of x800?

Sambit

Right off the assembly line
Graphics Card Question

I have some vary basic questions. I want to view cable TV channels on my PC monitor. For that exactly which feature I need in my graphics card. Is it TV Tuner or TV-out or VIVO ?? Currently I'm having P IV 1.8 GHz, Intel D845GEBV2 mobo which supports AGP 4X and a Riva TNT2 16MB Graphics Card. I'm on a limited budget and can spend around 3K. I have read in the forum GeForce FX 5200 based are the cards for me. However I would like to know the exact makes/models that meets my requirement(viewing cable TV channels on my PC monitors). I'm a casual gamer and dont mind playing games at low resolutions.

anishcool

TE God
Re: Graphics Card Question

Oops I made a mistake. It is not Zebronics but a Leadtek.

The correct card model is Leadtek 6800LE.

Find the specs here.

Now this card for 14k with POP:SOT and Splinter Cell is not a bad deal.

Moreover, what convinces me to buy this card is the 3-year warranty.

It comes with 8 pixel pipelines which can be unlocked to 12.5.

It has 128MB 256-bit memory. What better for 14k ?

Sambit said:
I want to view cable TV channels on my PC monitor. For that exactly which feature I need in my graphics card. Is it TV Tuner or TV-out or VIVO ??

To view TV channels you will need a TV Tuner card. Nothing else will do.

Sambit said:
I'm a casual gamer and dont mind playing games at low resolutions.

For decent casual gaming I recommend nVidia FX5200 based cards. Now this card is not a TV Tuner card but a plain graphics card. To meet all your requirements, you will need to buy :

1. TV Tuner Card - 1.7k
2.GFX Card - 2.8k

Both cards are perfectly compatible with your system.

Hope I could solve your problem,

Cheers !

Anish.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@PrinceHeart
hey buddy i think the Powercolor X800XL should cost around 18k-20k as the price mentioned in the magazine is the mrp and it is given around 20k but the actual prices are always less than the mrp. and it is a 256 mb card with 256 bit of gddr3 memory making it a real powerful card. in the review they say its equivalent to the geforce 6800 ultra in perfomance .....i am waiting for this card man and i just hope the prices fall down ........

Top Bottom