Graphics Cards related queries here.

anandrules

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

nishant_nms said:
Are u able to see BIOS display with the GFX card
no re nthing cms up with the graphics card in the slot.....i just get a black screen with the yellow light on the monitor blinking.

NikhilVerma

Padawan

emm try to make sure that you have put the card inside firmly .... I had a hard time putting my Ati card in the slot ....

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

Many, but they all suck. If you don't even have an AGP slot you need to upgrade your entire system.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

yeah!
All PCI based cards suck big time!

But I think max u can get is a 6200 or a X1300 based card,....

anandrules

Broken In

i was just thinking that since the card (ATI x800 XL AGP 256 mb 256 bit) is in working condition and not compatible with my slot, how much would it fetch me if i tried to sell off the card?? After all its brand new and has got a 1 year warantee

squid

Broken In
need 4X/8X AGP graphics card

i like to get a graphics card for the below mentioned configuration
amd athlon xp 1800+
asus a7n266vm mb / 512 DDR
4x AGP slot

suggest me a good AGP card. my budget is upto Rs.6000.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Get a 6600GT ... though it'll still be bottlenecked quite a bit .. but should suffice ..

ancientrites

In the zone

guys, just 2day morning i phoned zebronics headquarter(chennai) regarding zebronics 7950gx2 i gb graphic card.schocking reply given by customer care was they were not aware nor no idea about their latest graphic card and couldnt be found in the stock.how humilating it could ve been but peace of mind they also sale leadtek graphic cards which cost 34000+4%tax for leadtek 7950gx2 gb i found it fair enough.finally i m gonna order it from bangalore branch.i feel really happy now.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

I'd advise you not to spend so much money on a DX9 graphics card. If you REALLY want to play games get a 7900GT for half the price of a 7950GX2. It's more than enough for a great gaming experience.

Do you even have a large enough monior to justify buying a 7950GX2? If you monitor is anything less than 22" you're wasting your money.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

7950GX2 is not a very good buy ... unless u can pump up the res. to 1920*1600 or higher ... and have a CPU like FX62 or a oc'ed E6400 to cope ..

Plus , dx10 are almost here ... ur better off spending money on something like a 7900GT 256 MB , or a slightly higher 7950GT 512 MB ... and save over 10k's ...

vikassethi

Broken In

Can anyone of you please give me some contact # or tell me some dealers from where I can buy one of the latest graphic cards in New Delhi.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner

guys please help me out....im planning to go for a Graphic card, thinking of Geforce 7800...wats the price ?......my system spec. is Intel Pentuim 4 2.8 Ghz HT, 915 GAG Mobo : it has PCI Express, 1.24 GB of RAM.....any other cards that u think of ? ....im a serious gamer..

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

What's your budget.....the 7800 is already out dated....if you want a hight end card then get a 7900.....

And as u mentioned you are a ''serious'' gamer...then get a 7950 GT .... or a X1900XT :p

Last edited:

Polter

Broken In
graphics card problem

I'm using a PIV CPU 2.40 GHZ with 376 MB RAM with 64 MB Intel 82845G Graphics contoller, along with windows XP SP2. my motherboard model is 81845GVM - R2. I've also downloaded and used the latest drivers but whenever I try to run games such as Vitual Pool 3 or Mafia, the system hangs and I have to reboot. Can anyone help me out?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

7950 is 33k.
IMO it's not worth spending so much on a DX9 card anymore. Maximum you should spend is 17k on a 7900GT.

What's the maximum resolution your monitor supports? If it's less than 1600x1200 then the 7950 is anyways not for you.

Top Bottom