Graphics Cards related queries here.

sabret00the

Youngling
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

crazybutt said:
halo
peepl, im lookin for a graphics card for my aging P4 2GHz machine wid intel d845glad board...ie onli pci solts... and 768MB ddr

i want a cheap graphics card which wud be used by me for less than a year...and shud be able to play games a rung below the likes of doom3, far cry and such....emphasis is on cheap!!!

help me guys

man go for the Nvidia XFX Geforce 4 Agp 8x FX 5600 ultra 128mb......I've been using it since the last 3yrs without any problems.

@tech ur future:buddy I didnt understand that u were using AGP ok in that case I guess 6600 128mb shub be gud enough but 7600GS is a better bet.

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

Geforce FX series is obsolete. Rather get a geforce 6600, or maybe 6200(not sure if it is better than 5600ultra), 7300GT should be better as well.

NikhilVerma

Padawan

here is a wierd question ...
what do you think would be the best sub 15k card after 1 month ? coz I need to buy it after a month and I don't know how fast the prices fall of these things ...
I would like to know bout Ati and Nvidia solutions ...

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

get a 7600GT....now its 13k....the prices will fall further...but its quite good for now....u r next upgrade should be a DX10 card...

Pragadheesh

In the zone

I wish to buy a graphics card between 7-10k. Shall i get ATI radeon 9550 or any other better choice?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl

Radeon 9550 was outdated years ago. Get a 7600GS if you have an AGP or PCI-E slot. If you only have PCI slots then forget about gaming.

zbuu

Broken In

hai iam new to digit forum and i find this LOOONG forum very intesting.
is 7600gs AGP Available in india?

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz

NikhilVerma said:
here is a wierd question ...
what do you think would be the best sub 15k card after 1 month ? coz I need to buy it after a month and I don't know how fast the prices fall of these things ...
I would like to know bout Ati and Nvidia solutions ...
the 7800gt costs rs.16000 here,so maybe after a month it will be in your budget

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

you will get a 7900GT, maybe even at 17k, no point in thinking of a 7800GT then, unless it is sub 12-13k

Geforce

Journeyman

I have switched to PCI express platform finally :) changes the mobo - checkout sig, bought MSI 7600GT PCI-e for 11.7k. This card is amazing its a red pcb design with 2-slot cooling solution holding a heafty heatsink and fan combo.
*www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_detail.php?UID=729
Posted good scores even with my cpu (A64 2800+) without overclocking.

Clocked at stock @560/700(1400 DDR) the scores are:
3dMark03 - 11686
3dMark05 - 5665
3dMark06 - 3238
All without overclocking. With the big heatsink + heatpipe + fan + dualslot solution it gives enough headroom to push higher ...... but I don't want to mess around with 3 yr warranty so early. :)

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

you are getting a real good score, which motherboard and RAM do you have?

my friend has 2gb, 3200 venice 7600GT BIG and he gets 5850 in 3D Mark 05. What are your driver settings?

Geforce

Journeyman

akshayt said:
you are getting a real good score, which motherboard and RAM do you have?

Yeah, i bought a new motherboard as well - MSI K8N Neo3 (nforce 4-4x) with PCI-e 16x slot. RAM is single channel 2*512MB Kingston KVR DDR400 with IT timing but CL3 (can easily do CL2.5).

akshayt said:
my friend has 2gb, 3200 venice 7600GT BIG and he gets 5850 in 3D Mark 05. What are your driver settings?

I used forceware 91.xx drivers (i guess they r not using any optimizations) also i ran all the tests with setting as Quality (instead of High performance) in NV control panel so no optimizations come into effect.

All test were ran at detault 3dmark settings.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

yes, 7800GS, around 18k or so. other lower cards may soon be released. for a price of 18k you are better off buying a pcie mobo instead.

also, consider ati 1600pro solutions as well.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent

geforce 7 cards for agp 8x slot are

1. gainward 7800 gs bliss - there is 7800 gt core under this card .. my friend has this card - 20 pipelines
2. gainward 7800 gs bliss + -- there is 7900 gt core under this card - i had it .. but sold it now ..- 24 pipelines
3. leadtek 7800 gs - this thing has also got 7900 gt core under this card ..-24 pipelines as well

3. and the usual 7800 gs cards from various manufacturers ..- 16 pipelines
4. and the usual 7600 gs cards from various manufacturers- 12 pipelines

5. leadtek also has 7600 gt agp 8x card ..- 12 pipelines ..

Top Bottom