Graphics Cards related queries here.

Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

what,u want a PCI graphics card with PIX. SHAD. 3 SUPPORT.r u kidding.
maybe theres a GC in this world that meets ur requirements.
Anyways,i dont know of any such a card.

vishnus

Right off the assembly line

So you sayin that thers no PCI card that cna support atleast 2 Pixel shader?

F.E.A.R_$ayan

i have a geforce 6200 tc 128 mb graphics card and i have played all the latest games like doom3,call of duty2, far cry, hitman blood money etc. ehich require dx 9.0c. but when i tried to play sims2 it showed that my gard is not dx 9.0c compatible!! how the hell can that be?? plz help.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

F.E.A.R_$ayan said:
i have a geforce 6200 tc 128 mb graphics card and i have played all the latest games like doom3,call of duty2, far cry, hitman blood money etc. ehich require dx 9.0c. but when i tried to play sims2 it showed that my gard is not dx 9.0c compatible!! how the hell can that be?? plz help.

Try updating the Drivers and the BIOS.....

anandrules

Broken In

hey i was wondering if a Sapphire x800GTO 256mb 256bit AGP card for Rs. 6750 would be a good deal. wat do u think?? Should i get it?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

imo it is steal deal for agp
for pci e get 7300GT GDDR3 which mabe almost as good if not equal with more features yet cheaper

don't get ddr2

anandrules

Broken In

akshayt said:
imo it is steal deal for agp
for pci e get 7300GT GDDR3 which mabe almost as good if not equal with more features yet cheaper

don't get ddr2
hmm but i only have a AGP 8x slot...neways the x800GTO is brand new too

kapal83

pantheratigris said:
I have a problem with my Intel onboard graphics Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset family display adapter. On Intels website it is said that the chip is a GMA 950 and that it supports Pixel Shader2.0 and Vertex Shader.
Inspite of this all the games that I try to run give the error that Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader support was not detected?
How can this be?

Hey,
All the games today require hardware supporting Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader version 3.0, Onboard chipset never help you run games. You need to install a decent graphic card.

vishnus said:
So you sayin that thers no PCI card that cna support atleast 2 Pixel shader?

There are two version:
1) PCI
2) PCI-Express

If your looking for PCI, will do no good to you. For PCI-E all graphic cards of Nvidia with Geforce 6 and 7 Series chipset are Pixel Shader 3.0 compliant.

anandrules said:
hey i was wondering if a Sapphire x800GTO 256mb 256bit AGP card for Rs. 6750 would be a good deal. wat do u think?? Should i get it?

Check again if it is x800GTO 256MB 256Bit is ok. This card does not cost anywhere below Rs.10000-12000, and if it is so, it a very good deal. Make sure your buying from a desect supplier, a brand new piece with 3 warranty. At this price you might get a second hand.

Last edited:

tango_cash

In the zone

vysakh said:
I thought of creating a new thread but found it

i want the reply today itself so please post today itself by 5pm latest
my dad is going to bombay and so we have decided to get a graphics card from lamington road but i dont know to buy which one. suggest one. here are my specifications

direct X 9.0 compatible
256 MB memory
best performance
budget---6k

please reply immediatley
if possible quote prices from lamington rd

xfx 6500 256 mb ddr2 for 4200/-

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

xfx 6500 is probably crap

rather get 6600 or 6600gt for tad more
or get 7300GT i think, not fully sure
6500 is not a common card

anandrules

Broken In

kapal83 said:
Hey,
All the games today require hardware supporting Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader version 3.0, Onboard chipset never help you run games. You need to install a decent graphic card.

There are two version:
1) PCI
2) PCI-Express

If your looking for PCI, will do no good to you. For PCI-E all graphic cards of Nvidia with Geforce 6 and 7 Series chipset are Pixel Shader 3.0 compliant.

Check again if it is x800GTO 256MB 256Bit is ok. This card does not cost anywhere below Rs.10000-12000, and if it is so, it a very good deal. Make sure your buying from a desect supplier, a brand new piece with 3 warranty. At this price you might get a second hand.
Well u see no one in their right mind would sell a x800GTO (new) for 6750RS. Its just a dollar to rupee conversion since my relative frm us is cming over in a month. U see its arnd 150$.

tech_cheetah

Journeyman

Guys I m planning to buy hp dv 5200 laptop. The laptop has Nvidia GeForce 7400 Go graphics card with shared RAM upto 512 MB. Does anybody know how good is this graphics card ? I mean will it play latest games like FEAR , POP ?

go_gamez

In the zone

q1 ) have a geforce mx 4000 ...128mb ddr ..256 bit graphics core..
is it possible to overclock it ?is this feature there in mx4000 (i knw its very old )?

q2)will it support the aero feature of vista ?ive heard it needs decent 128 mb graphics card with pisel 2.0 feature something ?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent

Anyone know the price of 7800GT/X and 7900GT/X of any brand (XFX or BIG) in chennai?
Is it significantly cheaper in delhi/mumbai? If so, will mail ordering it be a good deal?
My budget is around 20K (this is after I sell my 6600gt and my old monitor).

akshayt

Wise Old Owl

mx 4000 is not supported by many of todays games so ocing won't help, also even if you were able to increase by 50% which i doubt, it would still be too slow

7800GT/GTX is obsolete, 7800GT is available but not worth the money imo
7900GT is upwards of 17k
7900GTX is around 30k
price in delhi and mumbia should more or less be same
xfx 7900GTX is for 35k and up

Top Bottom