Graphics Cards related queries here.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
3 questions.

• Can my mobo and CPU [Core i5-2400, Asus P8H67M-LE] handle the GTX970 without any sort of hiccups?
  • I will have change the PSU though. Which PSU would you guys suggest?
  • I currently have a 2x2GB ram setup. I am contemplating swapping one 2GB ram stick with a 4/8GB stick. will that be possible?

Also, I fed in the above targeted config in eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts and got Recommended PSU Wattage as 387W. Minimum wattage was 337W.

Can the current Corsair CX430v2 work good with it?

Last edited:
3 questions.

• Can my mobo and CPU [Core i5-2400, Asus P8H67M-LE] handle the GTX970 without any sort of hiccups?
  • I will have change the PSU though. Which PSU would you guys suggest?
  • I currently have a 2x2GB ram setup. I am contemplating swapping one 2GB ram stick with a 4/8GB stick. will that be possible?

Also, I fed in the above targeted config in eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts and got Recommended PSU Wattage as 387W. Minimum wattage was 337W.

Can the current Corsair CX430v2 work good with it?

> Yes.

> Get Antec VP550P or Seasonic S12II 520W if you have the budget.

> I'd suggest get 2x4 GB or single 4 GB if it extends the budget.

> CX430V2 will be very close to it's limits powering that rig.

quicky008

Technomancer
After weeks of speculation it seems nvidia has finally launched their dx 12 ready mainstream gpu today-the geforce GTX 960 and different versions of it are already available for purchase at various websites mdcomputers.in etc.However the price of this gpu is rather high atm-the base model itself costs Rs 18000,which puts it out of reach of many potential buyers like me who have a relatively modest budget.Can anyone predict how long will it take for its cost to drop to the 10-14k price bracket?I am quite keen on buying it but have to hold back my purchase till it gets a considerable price cut,thereby making it more budget friendly.

After weeks of speculation it seems nvidia has finally launched their dx 12 ready mainstream gpu today-the geforce GTX 960 and different versions of it are already available for purchase at various websites mdcomputers.in etc.However the price of this gpu is rather high atm-the base model itself costs Rs 18000,which puts it out of reach of many potential buyers like me who have a relatively modest budget.Can anyone predict how long will it take for its cost to drop to the 10-14k price bracket?I am quite keen on buying it but have to hold back my purchase till it gets a considerable price cut,thereby making it more budget friendly.

Should happen as annual budget approaches. That's the time most companies to clear their stokes.

quicky008

Technomancer
Then by how much do you think the price will decrease (if at all) in the coming months?And how long will that take?Will it be a good idea to wait till it gets a price cut or buy it right now?Had it been priced a little lower,i wouldn't have hesitated-but 18k for that gpu seems rather steep at the moment.

sidster

Broken In
Hey guys. I'm building a new rig. Mods suggested me this config :i5 4440 - 11k
asus b85m g-5.4k
kingston hyperx fury 2x4gb - 5.4k /corsair vengeance or gskill ripjawsx
gtx 750 ti - 11k
wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
antec vp550p - 3.5k
cooler master elite 311- 2.3k
Dell s2240l - 8k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

Will this config be able to run Assassin's creed unity on high or medium settings?
Also if i reduce on monitor will I be able to save enough to buy a better GPU?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Monitor is absolute minimum for 1080p gaming. In any case, Assassin's Creed Unity is going to have problems running at high settings smoothly in any mid range card.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
asus b85m g-5.4k
gtx 750 ti - 11k
wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
antec vp550p - 3.5k
Dell s2240l - 8k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

Will this config be able to run Assassin's creed unity on high or medium settings?

Get R9 270 from mdcomputers, current price @ 12.6k ..
AnandTech | Bench - GPU14
very big performance gap for only Rs 1.6k more

if you do get the GTX 750 ti, get a 2 GB one and use this coupon (EBAY09DEAL) to shave off ~Rs 1k off :) .. Total price should be around 10k

anaklusmos

Youngling
What is the cheapest card I can get to crossfire with my Radeon 6970, and would it be worth it( considering both the price and performance gain) ? I would really like to up my system specs, but recent purchases (including a PS4 :D ) have severely cut into my pocket.

spxx

Broken In
asus b85m g-5.4k
gtx 750 ti - 11k
wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
antec vp550p - 3.5k
Dell s2240l - 8k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

the problem with ACU is not in gpu's bad it is really bad port to pc , after 4 huge updates it still runs like a pile of sh@t !! but as suggested above 270 dual x is a much better choice then a 750 ti , i assembled a new rig in nov and got it thinking i would be safe for at least 1 year but i can't push more then 35 fps on medium on ACU , another problem is the card heats you have to play around in MSI to set custom fan settings also get a good after market cooler at least 3 fans !! was able to run FC4 on high at a steady 45 to 55 fps but it can't max new games on ultra , it would be better to wait for a price dip coming in march and get a 960 or a 290 dual x which i am going to do sadly .

but if you going for a build now and depending on budget a 270 dual x with 2gb vram or if you can get the 4 gb vram one is the way to go.

nmenon

Broken In
Guys I'm looking to upgrade my PC and need a new Graphics card, the rest of the components have been updated recently.
Current Config :
Core i3 - 3210 3.2 GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM (1333MHz)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
ASUS H61MC Motherboard
XFX GeForce 8600GT 512MB DDR2
Zebronics 450 W Gold Series PSU

What I would like to get is a decent graphics card with the ability to run most games at 720p which doesn't need external power.
Budget below 10k and prefer an Nvidia card.

Thanks in Advance!

Guys I'm looking to upgrade my PC and need a new Graphics card, the rest of the components have been updated recently.
Current Config :
Core i3 - 3210 3.2 GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM (1333MHz)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
ASUS H61MC Motherboard
XFX GeForce 8600GT 512MB DDR2
Zebronics 450 W Gold Series PSU

What I would like to get is a decent graphics card with the ability to run most games at 720p which doesn't need external power.
Budget below 10k and prefer an Nvidia card.

Thanks in Advance!

You'll need a new PSU as the current one is pure crap. Get Antec VP450P and a Sapphire R7 250X.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
GTX960!!!

looks like i may get to keep my current config and PSU :D

Toms reports launch price bracket of $200.

India price would be 14k?? any rumors?

Top Bottom