Graphics Cards related queries here.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
ctrl_alt_del said:
I had a telephonic conversation with a dealer from Bhubaneshwar, EMart4U. The guy on the other end said that he will get me a 6600 Non-GT 128 Mb for 4200/- and it's 256Mb version for 4800/-.

The dealer is quite reputed. I have previously purchased my MoBo and DVD drive for him and have never faced problems.

What's your take on it?
Hmm no idea if the prices fell right now. But if the dealer is reputed you might as well get the card.

@gamer: xfx/big 6600 nongt.

[lokesh]

Journeyman
ctrl_alt_del said:
I had a telephonic conversation with a dealer from Bhubaneshwar, EMart4U. The guy on the other end said that he will get me a 6600 Non-GT 128 Mb for 4200/- and it's 256Mb version for 4800/-.

The dealer is quite reputed. I have previously purchased my MoBo and DVD drive for him and have never faced problems.

What's your take on it?

Wow!...thats damn cheap...by the way what company does he offer for that rate ?

premsharma

In the zone
MSI RX 1300 Pro 256 MB

How about this new graphics card [MSI RX 1300 Pro 256 MB] from ATI/MSI. How does it rate when compared to Geforce 6600 & 6600 GT. Isn't it supposed to be superior than 6600. If so then, this should be better option, because it costs arround 8000.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@premsharma it mite be betta then 6600nu but i dont think its betta then 6600gt may b equal to X1300.u can eva check for powercolor its a gud brand for ATI cards.

GeForce 7600 and 7200 is gonna b lauched soon check this:-
*anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2595

Sourabh

Laptoping
@ Anirudh whats the point posting the link to the news article from anandtech for the leaked released dates for 7600 and the 7200 in this thread. Use this thread just for the queries and no news/discussions.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
yogi7272 said:
pls suggest me a 6600 gt agp 256 mb card ... budget is upto 12 k .. :lol:

Yogi7272 the 6600gt 128mb gives same performance as 256mb card. The 128bit architecture is not able to use the extra 128mb efficiently. This is what I read at online reviews and in DIGIT Mag. This is what I did and bought extra 512mb RAM for my system with the extra money. Other thing you could do is increase ur budget and go for 6800gt. But u may have to add around 6-7K to ur budget.

jetboy

Journeyman
Hello,

Hello to everyone over here. Just need some help, thought of presenting it over here rather than opening a new post. Please do help me out soon. Thanks in advance.

I am going to Lamington Road after a couple of
weeks. So to enjoy the games I am
gonna get some extra RAM as well as a graphics card.

I'll let you know my configuration

P4 3.0Ghz
XFX Geforce 4 MX 400
256 RAM
Intel 845GBF(AGP 8x support) PLEASE MAKE SURE MY MOBO SUPPORTS ONLY TILL 8X AGP

So i wanna add 512 mb RAM more and a graphics card
which will go till 15,000. So please can you let me
know a graphics card which will fit my budget till
15,000 which will help me playing games on 800X640
and also turn on all the goodies Smile and will work
for atleast 2 1/2 years . and a good midium priced
RAM too. Thanks for your help.

Awaiting for a quick reply before i go to Mumbai.

A fan of Digit and Skoar!
Jeetesh

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Buy the 512mb RAM u r thinking of and for graphics card I would suggest u buy XFX 6600gt 128mb AGP. Great performer and value for money. With it u could play games comfortably @ 1024 X 768 with high settings.

I recently bought 512mb DDR RAM (400MHz) for 2400/- and XFX 6600GT 128MB AGP for 10350/- here in Kolkata.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
john_the_ultimate said:
Buy the 512mb RAM u r thinking of and for graphics card I would suggest u buy XFX 6600gt 128mb AGP. Great performer and value for money. With it u could play games comfortably @ 1024 X 768 with high settings.

I recently bought 512mb DDR RAM (400MHz) for 2400/- and XFX 6600GT 128MB AGP for 10350/- here in Kolkata.

Hi John_the_ultimate, from which shop did you get the same? Can you give the contacts?

jetboy

Journeyman
Hey Thakns John_the... will go for it, Right now i am playing Republic commondo, lets see how it works on the new one which i will buy very soon :). The geforce 4 Mx has does not support the pixel shader.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yes Nvidia is is better than ATI. But again its indivisual choice. Main advantage that Nvidia cards have are that they support latest features such as, PS & VS 3.0,Directx 9.0c etc. For more details u could always use google.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
heyy does any one has any idea bout Leadtek 6800GS performance wise and all?and how much does it cost?

technoteen

Journeyman
please suggest graphics option around and below 5000

my current config is..
AMD64 3200+ Socket 939
MSI-RS480M2-IL
HYNIX 512*2 DDR 400 MHz
Segate 80GB SATA 7200 RPM
LG E700SH
Creative Live! 24bit

i currently share 128MB Ram with the onboard graphics and gives me decent performance but i have switch off anti -aliasing and other features in games like AOE3

i am just a simple gamer, i would like to use the dual display feature of ATI cards and i frequently use the tv -out feature of my mobo as well.
does these cards come combined with tv tuner?

what do you think about X300 when the inbuilt card is X200?

please suggest graphics card only below 5000

Top Bottom