Graphics Cards related queries here.

hafees

In the zone
some one pls tell me the price of xfx geforce fx6200 AGP price? does it have a big difference with the PCI X version?

is fx 5700 better than a fx 6200?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
A 6200 is far better than a 5700.

@Virus: Ya, now I realize that Supreme is such a bogus shop after getting confirmation from you. I really liked the AMD stall, one could play Farcry as long as he likes on a superb machine they kept for demo. It was based on a dual core AMD processor, a Winfast 6600GT and at least 1GB of RAM. Dreams!!! HUH!!! Maybe I will r*b a bank one day and get that machine. Hehe...

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
can sum1 plzz post the most recent prices of 6600GT/6800GT models (XFX) ??? Those quotd here are 3 months old.

getout

Right off the assembly line
hello, i m planning to buy a new graphics card(only +1.5V specification) for me which can play all the latest games.

my pc config is :
amd athlon 64 bit 2800+
asus k8s-mx motherboard
512mb ram
agp slot

my budget is around 5k-6k

please suggest me some of them, both 128mb & 256mb :D

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Tell me, how much does a 6600 Non GT version cost?

Btw, I have a mobo with only a 4X AGP slot and upgrading is not an option. I might be able to afford a RAM bump-up to 512Mb but that's it. I know it's a huge bottleneck but I have to make do with it for only another 6 months. What would be my best bet then?

I can spare around max 6000/- for an card.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
By performance hit, what do you exactly mean. For me, even 800X600 resolution will do fine. If I get playable frame rates at this resolution with some of the eye-candy turned on, it is fine for me. Will the performance be affected even at these resolutions?

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
I dont have the benchies right now with me but enabling HDR results in a performance hit of 25-30% in games like dod:source and farcry. So this hit will be across all resolutions. Btw if you can then surely invest in a 6600GT cause i can't stress how much better a deal it is then the 6600 non gt. :)

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Hmm..even i'm plannin to buy a 6600 non-GT 128mb and it costs Rs.6250 here in chennai. The dealer is also offering me 6600 non-gt 256mb at Rs.6500...what should i go for ? I heard somewhere that 256 performance is less compared to the 128mb...is it true ?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Any information about price of 6600gt 256mb DDR3 AGP 8x card. see this: *www.pricerunner.co.uk/computing/components/graphics-cards/351218/details

see a brief review of palit 6600gt 256mb card here,
*www.itp.net/reviews/details.php?id=2585

If u could give me price for XFX it would be helpful.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
@john: Its between 10.5-11k. However the extra ram won't provide you extra benefits, so save the 1.5k and get the 128MB version.

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Hey guys have u heard of Zebronics brand...anyone using graphic card from their brand ?? They are offering me 6600 non-gt for Rs.6000 and Leadtek for Rs.6500....what should i go for ?

Crazy_Eddy

Broken In
^ I would opt for the Leadtek. But last I heard, Zebronics (especially the nZone in Spencer Plaza) are authorised disti's for Leadtek as well.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I had a telephonic conversation with a dealer from Bhubaneshwar, EMart4U. The guy on the other end said that he will get me a 6600 Non-GT 128 Mb for 4200/- and it's 256Mb version for 4800/-.

The dealer is quite reputed. I have previously purchased my MoBo and DVD drive for him and have never faced problems.

What's your take on it?

gamer

Right off the assembly line
Help in buying AGP graphics card

Hi,

I have the following PC configuration:

P4 1.5 GHz
Intel original 850GB chipset motherboard. (support for AGP 4x, i suppose)
256 MB RDRAM (all slots full, can't expand)
Riva TNT2 32 MB graphics card

I want to buy a decent AGP graphics card in the range of (3000 - 5500). I usually play strategy and role playing games.

Any card that can run all games including halo2 at 1024x786 at medium setting at 35-45 FPS will be good enough. I don't want to upgrade my whole system yet.

Which graphics card would suffice my needs. Please help.

Many thanks in advance.

Top Bottom