Graphics Cards related queries here.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD 6850 > GTX 460 > HD 6770 > GTS 450

PhysX is only used by 5 games. Now it depends on you whether you want to run those 5 games better or the rest hundreds of games. Lastly, enabling PhysX in those 5 games will give you 50 percent performance deficit. GTS 450 is too weak to handle PhsyX anyways.

hellosubho01

Broken In
@ico thanks for your clarification...

@ Skud

well I am actually settling for your specifications i.e HD 6850 for gpu...but for PSU I am holding back my decision...thinking about a corsair VX550 or even better..As I am planning on upgrading my motherboard and cpu within a year...will try hard to push my budget by another 1.5-2k for psu....tomorrow I will scour the shops for these...let's see!!!:razz:

By the way,while watching your cabby,I was thinking that whether my cabby will be able to fit the gpu and psu comfortably:???:..I am using a supercomp cabinet(length and breadth 15'' ..height 71/2")..what do you think??is it gonna be enough???
Waiting for your reply:smile:

rahul_jaiswal31

Broken In
I have quite old system. Can i upgrade it with this one-XFX Radeon HD 4350 1 GB DDR-2.?
My sys- AMD 3000+ mobo-asus k8vmx, 512 mb ddr1 ram!
Pls help needed urgently.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico thanks for your clarification...

@ Skud

well I am actually settling for your specifications i.e HD 6850 for gpu...but for PSU I am holding back my decision...thinking about a corsair VX550 or even better..As I am planning on upgrading my motherboard and cpu within a year...will try hard to push my budget by another 1.5-2k for psu....tomorrow I will scour the shops for these...let's see!!!:razz:

By the way,while watching your cabby,I was thinking that whether my cabby will be able to fit the gpu and psu comfortably:???:..I am using a supercomp cabinet(length and breadth 15'' ..height 71/2")..what do you think??is it gonna be enough???
Waiting for your reply:smile:

Which supercomp cabby - solitaire? In any case, if it is ATX, then it can take your GPU and PSU without any problem.

hellosubho01

Broken In
@Skud
Well,honestly, I don't know which supercomp cabby it is..didn't pay enough attention to the cabby while I bought my system!!:oops:

But,yes,it is an ATX cabinet..so I hope it's alright.

After today's research, i am settling for
HD 6850-->9200+
corsair GS600-->3700+
Will buy on 25th june,2011:razz:

One more thing.....on my motheboard packet it is written DX10..but I am buying a DX11 enabled card(HD 6850)..will my motherboard behave properly with it??:confused:

tkin

Back to school!!
@Skud
Well,honestly, I don't know which supercomp cabby it is..didn't pay enough attention to the cabby while I bought my system!!:oops:

HD 6850-->9200+
corsair GS600-->3700+

One more thing.....on my motheboard packet it is written DX10..but I am buying a DX11 enabled card(HD 6850)..will my motherboard behave properly with it??:confused:
You will face no issues. Just go ahead and buy.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Skud

HD 6850-->9200+
corsair GS600-->3700+

You would be fine, don't bother about that.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are welcome. Actually your problem reminds me of my own, when I was looking for a shorter length 6950 card to fit in my Supercomp cabby. Ultimately the 1gb version cards came and solved my problems, only that I have to change the cabby after just 3-4 months to accommodate my N620.

Funny memories. :razz:

tkin

Back to school!!
You are welcome. Actually your problem reminds me of my own, when I was looking for a shorter length 6950 card to fit in my Supercomp cabby. Ultimately the 1gb version cards came and solved my problems, only that I have to change the cabby after just 3-4 months to accommodate my N620.

Funny memories. :razz:
How ironic, supercomp? That's a cabby? Any pics?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
LOL. Just have this one, I guess:

*farm6.static.flickr.com/5187/5639337571_b1ca1172e9_b.jpg

Currently packed and kept away. ;)

hellosubho01

Broken In
@Skud
Supercomp ATX Cabinet

Well I think that I am using this one...not entirely sure..but it looks wickedly similar to my cabinet:razz:

Another issue I want to point out regarding my system is the heating issue....my cpu cores work under 38-40C under normal operations( by HWmonitor)..but it goes up to 55-57C after 30 mins of BIOSHOCK.:shock:

I only have the normal cpu fan...nothing else...does it mean that I have to look for cooling solutions too for my HD6850???

hellosubho01

Broken In
I use an Intel core 2 duo E7500 2.93 GHz.....is it ok then??

what about the GPU?does it require additional cooling or the fan that comes mounted on it will suffice???

Top Bottom