Graphics Cards related queries here.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi, I received the following email from the Zebronics people in Chennai, the official distributors of Leadtek cards in India in response to my email query.

=======

hi,

thanks for your interest in leadtek product.we do not have reseller in
kolkatta but i can arrange to ship from here directly it will cost you 10300+10% tax. You will receive the card within 2-3 days after the payment.

=======

Price is OK I think. I had enquired about the extreme 128MB PCI-express edition.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
that is the best 6600GT ever....if its 6600gt u want this is the one to get ;)
i own one and get 4000 3Dmarks05 ...which is kinda the highest u can go with an o/c on the 6600GT!

TheG33k

Broken In
Can anybody help me decide which company to go for when buying 6600 GT with 128 MB DDR3.

I only got a budget of 9k and want to go for a 6600 GT.

can i also have the prices of MSI, Asus, BIG, XFX, Gainward versions of 6600 GT.

wanting an AGP 8x version

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@TheG33k
:arrow: forget about Asus,Msi.

:arrow: if u can find gainward then go for that it will come around 10k 128MB.Leadtek is very good even that will come around 10k.BIG is good and will be cheaper then other brand but performance wise its not as good as other company.BIG 128MB version will come around 8-9k.

:arrow: XFX is 3rd best and will be easily available and will come around 11k.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@theg33k

go for BIG .. their 6600gt pcie is same as BFG .. and we know BFG is d best !! BIG 6600GT 128 mb will cost u around 9250/- .. but u want an agp version , that will definitely cost more. for gainward , check www.mediatechindia.com

@Aniruddh
he wants an AGP version not PCI-E .. all the prices u have given are for pci-e. AGP will be expensive.

TheG33k

Broken In
thank you Aniruddh and thaks to mohit

but can any 1 of u tell me which manufacturers card will give me best performance.
@Aniruddh
u told that BIG cards are not giving good performance.

@mohit
what manufacturer would u suggest me to go for if i want a performance 6600 GT(AGP 8x) card. thanks for the link of mediateh,

mohit

The Hardware Labs
AGP 8X 6600gt's are hard to find especially in India. Try looking for Leadtek , XFX , Gainward , BIG. BIG offers the most value for money and their perfomance is good too. i selected a BIG model for u ,

*www.big-tek.com/geforce6600AGPgt128.htm

try getting this one. i hope it will be priced reasonably.

edgetec

Broken In
I'm thinking of buying GeFroce FX 5950 Ultra 265mb 8x card for my Intel 865GBF. I heard that there is 8x version for 6600 & 6800 is it true??
Any idea on how much does 5950 Ultra 256 mb & 6600 GT cost

asdf1223

Journeyman
the fx5950 ultras phased out.only entry lvl fx series gpus
exist.but u can an 8x version of almost all 6 series card except 6200tc(and be glad u cant).the 6600gt costs 8k-11k depending on location and brand.

TheG33k

Broken In
thanks guys. (Aniruddh & mohit)

I got myself a XFX 6600 GT. its a nice 1. got it for around 10k in hyderabad. :)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
TheG33k said:
thanks guys. (Aniruddh & mohit)

I got myself a XFX 6600 GT. its a nice 1. got it for around 10k in hyderabad. :)

hey can u please provide the eaxct model number of the card u bought. i need it for a frnd too. the pricing is gr8 .. thanx. n enjoy gaming.

TheG33k

Broken In
here is the code of the card that i can see as the ordering code on the box

PV-T43A-NDF7

its a GF 6600GT 128MB DDR3 DUAL/ DVI TV

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
i own one and get 4000 3Dmarks05 ...which is kinda the highest u can go with an o/c on the 6600GT!

Without oc'ing eehh ??? If yess then may i know ur system config plz ????

And if u reached 4k's with oc then ur so wrong in thinking thats the highest .... i personally have reached 4.3k's+ with a very high oc'ing ... around 595/1225 ... and i've friends who have gone further ....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@deathvirus_me
the leadtek card that ringwraith is talking about comes factory overclocked ...i dont think he overclocked it personally. so its d best for people who dont wanna overclock themselves.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
its factory overclocked at 550/1120 ...
i was talking about the scores u can get out of the stock models sold by any company for a 6600GT , and I stick by my statement ;)

edgetec

Broken In
if i go for an 8x 6600GT do i need a seperate cooling solution coz i've heard it somewhere also i'm not ready to shell out extra 300-400 bucks for cooling solution. I have a 240W power supply unit will it be enough?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
edgetec said:
if i go for an 8x 6600GT do i need a seperate cooling solution coz i've heard it somewhere also i'm not ready to shell out extra 300-400 bucks for cooling solution. I have a 240W power supply unit will it be enough?

240W power supply is a NO NO NO ... u will have to buy a min 350 / 400W power supply and that too from a reputed brand like Antec. and regarding cooling i dont think any additional cooling will be required for the 6600gt 8x gpu. just scroll to some posts above and see that somebody has just purchased a xfx 6600gt agp 8x gpu , ask him for further details regarding cooling n all.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
edgetec said:
how much will it cost?

Antec Smart Power 2.0 400W - 3500/-
Powersafe 400/450W Gold Plated - 1800/-

and if u were asking about the cost of the XFX 6600GT 128 MB DDR3 AGP then its around 10,000/-

Top Bottom