Graphics Cards related queries here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

And Crysis is optimized for nVidia, and does not gel well with ATI GPUs...!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@thunder:
Which CCC drivers you using currently for your CF. Am still with 9.8. Are the 9.10s any good...??

wwkk

Right off the assembly line

Hi

I have a gigabyte ga-g31 m-s2L mother board and am looking for a suitable graphic card . can you suggest some medium range graphics card with estimated price, It would be a big help as i am looking forward to play nsf drift and fifa 10 and nsf undercover

Please help

WWKK

wwkk

Right off the assembly line

mother board gigabyte ga-g31 m-s2L
Processor - intel pentium dual core 45 nm(E5200)
Freq - 2.5 ghz
FSB - 800 mhz
PCG - 06
L2 cache - 2mb
RAM - 2 gb
PSU - 500
Budget - 5-7 K ( can go upto 10K)

tkin

Back to school!!

And Crysis is optimized for nVidia, and does not gel well with ATI GPUs...!
Nope, its not optimized for nVidia, but nVidia optimized the drivers for the game, with every driver update FPS in Crysis increases, it gave ~20FPs at start in ice level but with 191 drivers its giving 28+.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

^What are the settings you're usin' in Crysis? DX10? Is there any performance diff. between ForceWare 190.6x and 191.07?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@Tikin:
I feel that it is. Since the days of Crysis 1, it has always run better on nVidia chips then ATI chips. Even when the cards are of same grade, and rest games are running fine.

tkin

Back to school!!

^What are the settings you're usin' in Crysis? DX10? Is there any performance diff. between ForceWare 190.6x and 191.07?
DX9, with a memory patcher to use extreme effects. Not much, maybe a few FPS difference in ice levels but not sure, but its definitely better than 178 drivers(I used it to play Fallout 3).

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@Tkin:

And here it is from the horse's mouth itself...

Please read question 3 onwards...

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz

mother board gigabyte ga-g31 m-s2L
Processor - intel pentium dual core 45 nm(E5200)
Freq - 2.5 ghz
FSB - 800 mhz
PCG - 06
L2 cache - 2mb
RAM - 2 gb
PSU - 500
Budget - 5-7 K ( can go upto 10K)
Mention the brand of the PSU. No need to mention the details of the processor. Everyone knows that or can find out from the model number.

tkin

Back to school!!

@Tikin:
I feel that it is. Since the days of Crysis 1, it has always run better on nVidia chips then ATI chips. Even when the cards are of same grade, and rest games are running fine.
It was simply the driver optimization, nvidia put a lot of efforts in optimizing them for Crysis, when Crysis came out ATI had no card to compete with 8800GTX/GT/GTS or the likes, later performance was better for the ATI cards, and I do admit that Crysis scales much better in SLI than CrossfireX but that could be the very issue I was pointing out.

tkin

Back to school!!

@Tkin:

And here it is from the horse's mouth itself...

Please read question 3 onwards...
Yes, crysis do scale well with SLI but that crap about nVidia GPU is BS, all games supporting nVidia TWIMTBP needs to say that in FAQs, thats what the money for, I've seen my friends use all GPUs from 8400GS to GTX280 and X1950XTX to HD4890 and Crysis scales exactly according to the card's general performance, just like HAWX DX10.1 scales well with ATI cards not for ATI preference but for DX10.1 optimization and ATI driver support.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Yes, crysis do scale well with SLI but that crap about nVidia GPU is BS, all games supporting nVidia TWIMTBP needs to say that in FAQs, thats what the money for, I've seen my friends use all GPUs from 8400GS to GTX280 and X1950XTX to HD4890 and Crysis scales exactly according to the card's general performance, just like HAWX DX10.1 scales well with ATI cards not for ATI preference but for DX10.1 optimization and ATI driver support.

Okay....

And I too have seen systems running various generations of red / green cards. And always they were scaling better on green cards.

If you have trolled the net enough, you would have picked up the general consensus that Crytek software runs way better on nVidia chips. Crytek did the testing of Crysis on nVidia cards -- so is it not logical the code was written THAT way.

tkin

Back to school!!

Okay....

And I too have seen systems running various generations of red / green cards. And always they were scaling better on green cards.

If you have trolled the net enough, you would have picked up the general consensus that Crytek software runs way better on nVidia chips. Crytek did the testing of Crysis on nVidia cards -- so is it not logical the code was written THAT way.
Well, we all have our opinions but just my two cents: Read This; *tinyurl.com/ydq9ogr You may call it cheating but this is how most performance is coming out if the nVidia drivers.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Well, we all have our opinions but just my two cents: Read This; *tinyurl.com/ydq9ogr You may call it cheating but this is how most performance is coming out if the nVidia drivers.

Thanks for sharing this. :)

End of the day, nVidia and Crytek make a good combination, and users are delighted. Be as per driver optimizations (Tkin) or code method (asigh)...!

Perception is ones view point -- and its our birth right...!

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz

psu is zebronics
Well change your PSU. That PSU wont suffice for the new GPU. It will certainly fry your PC in 3-6 months!
Gigabyte Superb 460W - 2.2k or Corsair CX400W.
HD4770 at 6.5k. That would be if you want to stretch it to 10k. Otherwise 9800GT at 6k is a good buy also.

Which monitor do you have?

Top Bottom