GRAPHICS CARDS AND THE PRICES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithin99

Right off the assembly line
Bit confused!!!!!

javascript:emoticon(':?')Hi!

I saw the prices of the g cards.on the 5th coulmn the DDR capacity is given
.under that, another figure is given. is that the price?
Pleeeeeeze reply,
Nithin99 :?

Switch

Broken In
If you are talking about FX 5600 and Ti 4200... Then yes... The capacity along with the prices are gives.... but they are all old prices...

Byte

Ninja Jedi
Switch: was in your shoes till a few months back. Don't buy till HL2 or Doom 3 rear their pretty faces, I said to myself, then went ahead and bought a 9800 PRO anyways. The thing is, there will ALWAYS be something better from both nVidia and ATi and the latest will NEVER be within my budget...

I would seriously rethink a FX series card as an investment. It may run the current games fine and will undoubtebly perform to satisfaction when either Doom 3 or HL2 show up but i would suggest you look a little further down the years. A next-gen NVIDIA card or a current generation 9700/9800 ATI series is what I would recommend.

And on topic, these prices are waaaay too high, the 9700 XT, for example retails for around 15k if I remember correctly.

anidex

Broken In
I agree with you bytie boy. Spending 12 grands on a GeForce FX is quite foolish, even if it is the GeForce FX 5700 Ultra. Your best bet for a current generation card would be the Radeon 9600 XT (mainstream) and the Radeon 9800 XT (high end). But if you hang on for 2 or 3 months, you can lay your hands on the R420 or the NV40.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
But then it would be damn costly because they'll be new entrants & as we all know they cost a fortune when fresh out of the box.

Talos_911

I agree with you Zombie, the actual wait time for NV40 or R420 would be more like 6-7 months from now in-order for them to come down to a reasonable price. The current generation of High-End Graphics cards can satisfy your needs for years to come...

An ATi Radeon 9800 XT or a GeForce 4 FX 5950 are the best available cards as far as I know, but they cost a whopping 30k-35k approx.

A good buy would be the ATi Radeon 9800 Pro (128MB) which offers virtually the same performance (as long as you stick to under 1600x1200) and can be yours for 20k-25k (depending on where you look), a pretty good tradeoff IMHO.

Besides, if you do decide to wait for the next generation of cards, you can snap up the current high-end cards at subsidised prices, since their elder siblings will get their price down.

Just my Rs.2 ;).

-Talos

Talos_911

lol :lol:

If you're an enthusiast/Hardcore gamer, where price is no bar, its well worth it...

For Example, My ATi Radeon 9800 Pro (128), in Quake 3 with all setting to Highest, FSAA, Anisotropic Filtering, 32-bit textures, 1024x768, etc. gave me a whopping 250 fps (sound off)!

Q3A is a pretty old game though... but this baby would probably be able to Handle next generation titles such as Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 when they come out at settings displaying their highest graphical splendour...

Which reminds me... when buying a new card (and planning to play next-generation titles even if you're not an enthusiast), make sure it is Direct X 9.0 compatible... many Graphics card are available for as low as Rs. 2.5k to 3k, but one should invest about Rs.8k for a GeForce based card which is DX 9.0 compatible... it'll ensure that you won't have to upgrade your graphics card too soon.

-Talos

eruvungaren

Price of MaxForce graphics cards

I would like to know about price of maxforce Graphics card ATI Radeon 9600 and Geforce FX5600

aunlead

Broken In
try this post
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1812&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

a worth card would defently b 9600 xp or pro.....& if u get it from outside(middle east) it would b cheaper...a friend of mine bought a 9600XT 256 mb for around 10k.....
9600XT has all thats needed as of now(dx9,pixelshader support...etc) & is future proof(....a little.....who knws wats gonna happen) ....so its a good buy.....

Boss

I Can give u better prices
ATI Radeon 9200se 128mb DDR with LP for Rs.3375/-
" " 9200 256mb DDR Rs.5800/-
ATi 9600 128 for Rs. 7800/-
Ati 9600pro 128 for Rs. 11000/-
Ati 9800pro for Rs. 17500/- all Ati from Club3D

XFX geforce Fx5600 for 8500/- 128mb with vivo
XFX geforce Fx5700ultra for Rs. 16500/- with DDR3 & dual dvi

& many more

Status