Graphics Card Unavailablity!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Bitcoin mining has hard hit the GPU market.

I inquired about the Zotac 1080Ti AMP Edition and the vendor told its been out of stock since month and the only edition available is the Zotac Blower edition 1080Ti. :aaargh:

No only that Ti Extreme cards from all brands (MSI,GALAX,ASUS & Gigabyte etc) are out of stock.

The vendor bought 5~6 pieces of Ti edition cards and it was sold within days.

Seriously, Bitcoin mining is affecting the GPU market (though companies are earning good in Sales figures)

ULTRON 17

Broken In
Same here.Bro even online retailers don't have too much stock. I was saving money for Nvidia Gtx 1060 for my pc. Now prices are to high now near 30k~ for 6gb model.

Dammm Miners, Completely ruining the GPU Market.:aaargh::bandanafighter:

quicky008

Technomancer
is bitcoin mining really that popular even in India?I was under the impression that it was more prevalent in western countries where clean and stable supply of power is easily available and bitcoins can be converted to actual cash via a multitude of shady and duplicitous channels.

Btw can an average home user like me get into bitcoin mining using a run of the mill pc equipped with a low end gpu like gt 210/730?How much resource does one really require to turn bitcoin mining into a profitable venture with a significant rate of return?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
In a country of billion plus people you don't think even a few thousands won't be interested in something that has captured the attention of whole world?Bitcoin itself is not illegal & there are many online places where you can sell bitcoins & get payment in paypal/similar account or can swap for real world/game world items which then can be converted to cash if directly converting to cash is not an option.

1060/equivalent card is minimum for profitable mining & it also depends on which currency(e.g.mining ethereum or ripple etc). Usually 24*7 operation is required along with some software tweaking.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

is bitcoin mining really that popular even in India?I was under the impression that it was more prevalent in western countries where clean and stable supply of power is easily available and bitcoins can be converted to actual cash via a multitude of shady and duplicitous channels.

Btw can an average home user like me get into bitcoin mining using a run of the mill pc equipped with a low end gpu like gt 210/730?How much resource does one really require to turn bitcoin mining into a profitable venture with a significant rate of return?
Yes, its growing like crazy. and GPU market is affecting due to it.
Gamers in need of GPU are suffering :(

Yes u can start with mining but be aware that it will cost u huge resources (electricity bills etc)

ssb1551

Technomancer
Moreover single GPU will not give anyone immediate returns. One has to have at least 4-5 GPUs.

quicky008

Technomancer
In a country of billion plus people you don't think even a few thousands won't be interested in something that has captured the attention of whole world?Bitcoin itself is not illegal & there are many online places where you can sell bitcoins & get payment in paypal/similar account or can swap for real world/game world items which then can be converted to cash if directly converting to cash is not an option.

1060/equivalent card is minimum for profitable mining & it also depends on which currency(e.g.mining ethereum or ripple etc). Usually 24*7 operation is required along with some software tweaking.
i am well aware of the fact that there are quite a few groups in india that have taken a keen interest in bitcoin mining,what i didn't quite anticipate was that the popularity of this dubious procedure would grow by leaps and bounds within such a short span of time,so much so that it would lead to an acute deficit(or hugely inflated prices)of certain gpus which are very popular amongst gamers(like the 1060)in the country.lets just hope that these annoying bitcoin miners and their several thousand rupees/dollars worth of mining setup go to hell-they have caused enough trouble in the gaming community already by buying up most of the popular gpus in the market.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
A hope in the dark :
Britain to ban Bitcoin? Theresa May hints at cryptocurrency clampdown | Metro News

quicky008

Technomancer
i really hope this bitcoin mining craze just falls apart spectacularly-then all the gpus that had been snagged up by the miners will probably show up in the market once again at considerably less prices(although i suppose india won't be able to reap much of the benefits from something like this happening as here people tend to charge exorbitantly even for old and outdated hardware-so prices of top of the line gpus won't be affected all that much.)

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

And the online retailers are promoting Mining by displaying Mining category GPU :aaargh:

The price is insane *www.amazon.in/ZOTAC-GeForce®-Extre...e=UTF8&qid=1517296263&sr=8-16&keywords=1080Ti

Now it is better to buy from USA from brands like Gigabyte or EVGA, and newegg delivers to India also :)

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
And the online retailers are promoting Mining by displaying Mining category GPU :aaargh:

The price is insane *www.amazon.in/ZOTAC-GeForce®-Extreme-GRAPHIC-ZT-P10810C-10P/dp/B06XXY43WH/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1517296263&sr=8-16&keywords=1080Ti

Now it is better to buy from USA from brands like Gigabyte or EVGA, and newegg delivers to India also :)

Nope , it won't solve anything ... as they are overpriced everywhere .. 1080 TI is 1200-1400$ on Newegg , the only place you can buy is directly from Nvidia or maybe EVGA online site in USA at MSRP , but last i read somewhere , some people have been waiting for their orders since past 1 month to get delivered

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Nope , it won't solve anything ... as they are overpriced everywhere .. 1080 TI is 1200-1400$ on Newegg , the only place you can buy is directly from Nvidia or maybe EVGA online site in USA at MSRP , but last i read somewhere , some people have been waiting for their orders since past 1 month to get delivered
Soon we will see prices touching 2Lacs on Amazon.in

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's the good news then - only if other countries follow suit :

Union Budget 2018: Bitcoin slides as India bans cryptocurrency

quicky008

Technomancer
This is indeed a positive development, but i am pretty sure that those cunning miners will still find a way to circumvent these restrictions.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is indeed a positive development, but i am pretty sure that those cunning miners will still find a way to circumvent these restrictions.

If you can't transact with it where will you spend it ?

If it gets banned worldwide then what will be the use of this ?

quicky008

Technomancer
^btw why are more and more countries steadily banning cryptocurrency?Is it because mining is illegal or is it due to the fact that bitcoin mining may prove detrimental for the economy?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is because bitcoins are neither controlled by any central legitimate authority(like an economically credible nation's central bank) nor do bitcoins have any intrinsic value like gold or diamond.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Now if all of sudden Bitcoin & other cryptocurrencies are banned then we will see huge rise of second hand graphics cards online ;)

Top Bottom