Graphics card suggestion

Wish u all a very happy new year... :smile:

I am planning to buy a new card for my 20' lcd.
Want to play all the latest games at 1600X900 with high settings.
Please suggest me a graphics card. :-?
-----------------------------------------------------------
AMD Phenom XII 955 BE, ASUS M4A88TM, Corsair XMS3 2X2 GB,
Corsair GS 600 Psu, 1TB + 1TB + 0.5TB Hdd.

OP
R

Rishabh Mittal

Broken In
Though I am ready to spend upto 11K but since i would not be playing at resolution higher than 20' display so i was just confused that whether it would be worth to spend that amount on HD6870 ? :-?

Any suggestion is welcome :smile:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
HD6870 is nice choice.
P.S-You can also consider Nvidia GTX560(non-Ti version)
*i.imgur.com/xxpA2.jpg
Some overclocking can gain performance like GTX560Ti

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1GB Review

MSI N560GTX-M2D1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 @11.3K
Buy MSI N560GTX-M2D1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 in Mumbai India

Cilus

laborare est orare
For using a high end card, you need a good PSU or SMPS too. So better let us know what SMPS you are currently having.

OP
R

Rishabh Mittal

Broken In
Hey guys
I was just curious that can i use HD6850 and save a few bucks?
Will it serve my purpose as i mentioned that I wont be playing at much higher resolution than 20" screen. :smile:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, HD6850 is a good choice and when Oced it can perform neck to neck with HD6870 at 1920*1080 - check my siggy link for a little OCed performance review - just get a HD6850 with custom cooler ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's around ~9.5k now but if Op can't find it he can get it from here ;-)

MSI R6850 Cyclone PE/OC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

it's ~9.75k though ;-)

AcceleratorX

Youngling
If you cannot find an OCed HD 6850/6870, you can also consider the GeForce GTX 560 from MSI or EVGA. You will find both OC and non OC versions between 11K and 12K.

You can also try asking for the Palit GeForce GTX 460 V2 card (the indication is that it has 192-bit memory interface instead of 256-bit). This card is heavily overclocked and is available at about 9.5K - it will handily beat the HD 6850.

(In fact, I think ALL Palit GTX 460 cards currently available and manufactured in the last 3 months are the OC version).

OP
R

Rishabh Mittal

Broken In
Thank you all. :smile:
After much research I have narrowed down my choice to 2 cards :
1.HIS HD6870 IceQ X
2.MSI HD6850 Cyclone Power Edition (OC)

By getting MSI card i will be saving ~ 1300 bucks. :?
Please give your suggestions for last time. Which one to go for ?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Go for 2nd option i.e. MSI HD6850 Cyclone Power Edition (OC)
.Its performance sometime touches HD6870.

Cilus

laborare est orare
But HD 6780 IceQ X is also a superb card. Although it is not a factory overclocked card but comes with HIS' superb IceQ X cooler which is known to be the best and slient cooler for HD 6870. That card can be overclocked like hell and a mere 70 Mhz clock speed increase will let you touch the performance of a GTX 560 Ti.

Top Bottom