Graphics card purchase @8.5-9k

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I actually will be buying loads of stuff along with this graphics card,but since couldn't post everything at the same place,I divided it up.
The stuff that I have to buy are:-
A> Laptop(I will post in the laptop section)
B>Graphics card
C>Power Supply
D>1 stick of corsair vengeance ddr3(already have one. will add this one)
E> Router
F> External hard disk(500 gb)
G> (If any cash remains)=> Xbox 360 wired controller.

The total budget is 73k(absolutely non flexible).

For the graphics card:-

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Will buy either corsair gs600/seasonic s12ii-620(provided seasonic has a service centre at kolkata)

2. What is your budget?
Ans: around 8.5=9k for the GPU

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: Okay do not laugh at this,but I will be gaming at 1280X1024 since I have a 17 inch crt. -__- (Will upgrade entire pc next year). But till next year,I plan on playing games @ultra with the given resolution hence a budget of 9k for such a low resolution. :|

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans:

Proccy:- athlon II X3 435 unlocked to phenom II X4 B35
Mobo:- MSI 785G-E53
PSU:- Will buy corsair gs600/seasonic s12ii 620w
ram:- 4 gb(will add 4 gb more so 8gb)
HDD:- 500gb
monitor:- 17 in lg E700SH :oops: :|
Power supply:- APC bask-UPS RS 600

Please do read the link I am sharing in the laptop section as well and any additional help with the purchases will be helpful. Thanks fellas :)

Link to laptop section thread!!

P.S:- Will buy after 5th june and for now I have decided on the msi cylone power edition 6850.
I know the budget is a bit tight for so many components but please try to squeeze them in. X_X Thanks.

Last edited:

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
If you can find the 6850 cyclone edition now, go for it eyes closed. It is much faster than stock 7770.
One more option is that, if u delay your ram purchase for now, you can easily go for a gtx560 or a 6870

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
@topgear Okay then msi 6850 it is then.
BTW any other 6850 to look for incase I don't find the msi one where I saw it before?

@saikiasunny yeah but i don't need that much power mate. i just need the 6850 for some ultra level gaming at this crappy resolution for about an year. Will be upgrading entire desktop next year.

P.S:- Please help out at the laptop thread as well. I do have a few questions over there :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for other alternative HD6850 gfx cards look for manufacturers like Sapphire, Powercolor and HiS and make sure the gfx card has a custom cooler.

Top Bottom