Graphics Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Help!!! There's a peculiar problem in my PC. I have a 4 year old P4 on an Intel D850MV mobo with 256 MB RDRAM and a XFX GeForce 4mx 440se AGP (4x) card. Today when I startup the computer it failed to boot into Windows (XP SP2) and after a long pause showed a blue screen mentioning Windows has been shut down because there's a problem in my graphics card's driver referring to nv4_disp.dll being stuck in an infinite loop. I restarted the machine a couple of times but the problem persists. However, in safe mode it was booting properly without a problem. Uninstalling the driver (ver 81.98 ) removes the problem but well, now I have to stick with a refresh rate of 60 Hz only. Using older drivers also didn't help. Then I shut down the machine and open up the case. On restarting the machine I found that the fan of the graphics card was not spinning. So I thought that probably my AGP card has gone kaput and replaced it with a spare TNT2. But even here also the fan was not spinning at all. So I replace the original card and after several tries succeeded to install version 53.03 drivers and make the system boot properly but the fan was still not spinning. All these time the initial bios screen of the graphics cards have been displaying properly before system startup. Plz help. I'm afraid the AGP slot of my mobo has gone awry or there are some other problems.
P.S.:- So far 3D games are running.

::cyborg::

In the zone
no slot is ok but the power supply connector wire ir the link has thee problem u have to cotact the hardware person dont run any heavy game or ur graphic crd will blow

Status
Not open for further replies.