Graphics card problem

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
I have a p-4 system with Nvidia geforce FX 5200 graphicscard(AGP). Recently I updated the driver of the graphics card. Since then the video performance of my system has deteriorated. I installed the old driver and remarkably it has performed better than the new one. The problem is, whenever i install the old driver, after sometimes my system hangs and is not able to run anymore. Plz help.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Did you remove the new drivers properly?

1.) Uninstall current drivers
2.)Use driver sweeper to remove all traces of all drivers(new and old)
3.) reinstall old drivers

Try this and let us know what happened.

OP
R

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
Did you remove the new drivers properly?

1.) Uninstall current drivers
2.)Use driver sweeper to remove all traces of all drivers(new and old)
3.) reinstall old drivers

Try this and let us know what happened.

Did it. But now after installing the old driver no improvement!It can't play the vids that it used to play!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
install new drivers and update directx runtime components and for video playback use KMPlayer.

OP
R

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
install new drivers and update directx runtime components and for video playback use KMPlayer.

Video playback definitely improved with KMplayer.But 720p vids are having audio-video mismatch,means the audio is playing normal but the video playback lags behind.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ try with some different Renderer ( from KMplayer settings ) and set KMPlayer in performance mode - ( suitable for cpus with 1 Ghz speed ) - for Renderer you can try "Old Video Renderer or something else which gives you best performance.

OP
R

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
^^ try with some different Renderer ( from KMplayer settings ) and set KMPlayer in performance mode - ( suitable for cpus with 1 Ghz speed ) - for Renderer you can try "Old Video Renderer or something else which gives you best performance.

Did it. Works much better. I have to free up the processor some way cause when it using 100% thats when the problem starts.Can u help in this regard?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ for that you need to buy a gfx card with hardware accelerated HD video playback support - look for agp version of ATI HD2400 .

OP
R

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
^^ for that you need to buy a gfx card with hardware accelerated HD video playback support - look for agp version of ATI HD2400 .

ATi Radeon HD 2400 Pro AGP Video Card - Reviews, Specifications, and Pictures - GPUReview.com. Is this the one? Also how much wiil it cost?

Last edited:
Top Bottom