Graphics card for the future and the pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny_geo

Broken In
I want a graphics card that is quiet powerful. I wanna play Doom 3 on this. Do you think 128 MB will be enough for playing this game quiet smoothly in medium resolution? Also the new games are gonna be based on the Doom 3 engine. So I want a card that is quiet powerful for this doom 3 in high resolution, and is also future ready. i.e. atleast a few years more.

So looking at a 256 MB card, between Radeon and Geforce, which is better provided a budget uptill 12,000. Will I get a 256 Mb for 12k?

Could you please tell me the different models of Geforce and Radeon 128 MB, and 256 MB, dats available for less than 12k, and which offers the best value and performance of them.

Also, I heard that geforce is more compatible with programs than radeon. Is that so? Please help!

nikhilesh

Journeyman
12k?? thats awesome,ucan get a radeon 9800pro for that price from powercolor(128mb).dont be fooled by the amount of RAM that a card has,its the performance that matters.this card blows away all the other cards in its class and it can play any current game at high resolutions and will be able to play the games of the future at decent resolutions too.

theraven

Technomancer
@nikhilesh 9800 pro for 12k ?
i thot it was 14 k
so i didnt mention it ...
anyways in that case i second the 9800 pro any day

anidex

Broken In
The 9600 non-Pro costs about 6500 bucks. It's always been a myth with most Indians that ATI cards cost a lot more. As I said, that's only a myth. ATI cards of one category cost much lesser than their nVIDIA counterparts (and usually perform better).

For 12K, the Radeon 9800 Pro (128MB) would be the best buy.

G

gxsaurav

Gigabyte FX5900XT for 16.8K,

FX5700 nonUltra, the card which works best in doom3 for Rs 9.6 K,

Save the money & upgrade your RAM to 512 MB

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
that's a nice tip saurav ;)
instead of wasting all money of the gfx upgrading ram does wonder with a good gfx card :D

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

crackshot

Broken In
get a Gigabyte radeon 9800pro with 256mb as given on *www.digigiga.co.in
completely mindblowing card but its cost is 18~19K
I would rather say go for a Hercules or Gigabyte Radeon 9700pro(with 128 mb of DDR2). Good performance jst 4 10K.
what more with its 256bit memory and core it overclocks very nicely and is DX9.0b compatible(9800pro is also the same). enjoi it.

crackshot

Broken In
in indian market Gfx6600GT is gonna cost no less than 20000 bucks. If u r in mood 2 wait 8 months or so u can go for 6600GT but if u r in no mood 2 wait that long go for Radeon 9700pro or 9800 pro. best of their class gpus

baasha

Broken In
9800 pro for 12k is a dream deal...if it is actually available for tht price then it fits very well in ur budget as well...its a great card, no doubt abt tht...i myself have been waiting for the prices of these cards to come down enough to enable me to buy one....dont pay too much attention to the RAM size, its the chipset that matters....

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Well the 9800pro for 12k that every1's here talking abt has 128 memory bus which is quite crappy considering the fact that the card is being sold as a 9800pro and shud have 256bit bus. A better choice wud be club3d 9800pro for 14.8k, but the card is on severe shortage ! For 10.2k u can get a 256Mb version of the 9600XT, the card is gonna arrive in a few days will keep u posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom