Graphics card and PSU upgrade for 6k

geekyraj

Broken In
Hi everyone, I am an occasional Gamer and plays Games like Counter Strike (Condition Zero) , Age of Empires/ Mythology and sometimes MotoGP, Tekken and NFS Hot Pursuit 2. My System Specification are :

Processor : Intel core 2 Quad Q8200
Motherboard : Intel DG35EC (Intel G35 Express Chipset with Intel® Graphics
Media Accelerator Graphics X3500 (Intel® GMA X3500)
RAM: Kingston DDR2 2GB
HDD: Seagate 500GB
Display: DELL 1920IN Widescreen LCD
PSU: Local(350W) inbuilt with Cabinet(MORA)

Now I want to enhance my System Graphics and Performance for Games and watching Movies under a budget of 5-6k. But I found a good upgrade only around 9k :

1. RAM: Kingston 2GB DDR2
2. Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 5670 512GB or 1GB DDR5
3. PSU: Seasonic S12 II 430watt Bronze

is adding extra 2GB RAM is unnecessary. My PSU is inbuilt with Cabinet. Will I have to buy a Cabinet also. Does adding a Low End Graphics card will enhance my Graphics a lot while playing above mentioned game and watching videos because my motherboard inbuilt graphics GMA X3500( which is going to be disabled on adding Graphics card) provide sufficient graphics for above mentioned games and playing HD videos.
Please suggest a decent option under 5-6k for Graphics and PSU (RAM and Cabinet if necessary for my system upgrade).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
get 2Gb DDR2 ram, FSP Saga II 500W & with the rest, get HD6770. but go for Seasonic 430W if are unable to find the FSP unit. also Seasonic provides 5yr warranty while FSP offers mere 2yrs.

OP
G

geekyraj

Broken In
Well I need answers of my other queries to... Also Which one is better for its price ...

Sapphire HD6670 , HD6750 or HD6770...??? :-? :-? :-? :-?
and on which basis(is it FPS). and which one to choose for a tight budget.

How HD6xxx are better performer than HD5xxx :-? :-?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD6670 @ ~4.9k / HD6750 @ ~5.9k HD6770 @ ~6.5-7k - performance wise HD6770 is the best among three ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ thanks for the link.

^^brother i think 6670 Gddr5 model is not available at 4.9k.it is around 5.4-5.5k.

one of our forum member has posted a link of Sapphire HD6670 GDDr5 @ 4.9k but I forgot the link - will try to post it and if one can serach in local street shops the price is around ~5k ;-)

Top Bottom