hi every one!
i want to buy a graphic card for playing games in the range of Rs. 2000/-
for PCI slot
mother board is intel d845glva
:???::???::???::???::???::???::???::???::???::???::???:

HELP!

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I'm afraid you're out of luck. The Intel D845GLVA is a very basic motherboard without an AGP slot, let alone a PCI-E. (I installed a few for others for basic office work years ago). There were PCI versions of TNT2 and early GeForce cards, but they were uncommon even in those days compared to AGP versions.

The best you can hope for is that some member, by some miracle, just happens to have a card with those early GPUs in his junk box.

I have a few PCI graphics cards from the '90s, but they are of even older technology than the one on your motherboard, and are much slower.

OP
J

jspreddy

Right off the assembly line
*shopper.cnet.com/graphics-cards/sp...phics/4014-8902_9-33518743.html?tag=mncol;lst

is this card not compatible with my mother board??
|------------. ~~~.---------------------------]
+|**********/ ,,, \*************************]
+|,,,,,,,,,,\ ''''' /,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,]
|________ ^~~~^___________________]
!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

*shopper.cnet.com/graphics-cards/sp...phics/4014-8902_9-33518743.html?tag=mncol;lst*www.sparkle.com.tw/product.asp?id=86

:?

inteld845glva

:arrow::arrow::arrow:if any one has a card which is compatible with intelD845GLVA mail me at
:arrow: :arrow:jspreddy@yahoo.com
:arrow:

Last edited:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
OK. So at least Sparkle still makes PCI cards with modern GPUs. Nice find.

But the 9400GT costs $90, $97 with tax and shipping within the US. That's nearly Rs.5000/-, more than twice your budget. Couldn't search for pricing of the 8400GS as my broadband is down again and I'm on dial-up.

Anyway, good luck in your search. Let us know if you find a source in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom