Graphic card upgradable on Core 2 Duo mobos??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikhar

Journeyman
Since most of the Core 2 Duo mobos come with onboard X3100 graphic card. I wish to know whether newer Nvidia or ATI graphic cards can be fitted on the mobos (for eg T5550 Core 2 Duo)

Thanks in advance.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Since most of the Core 2 Duo mobos come with onboard X3100 graphic card. I wish to know whether newer Nvidia or ATI graphic cards can be fitted on the mobos (for eg T5550 Core 2 Duo)

T5550 is a notebook series processor hence no upgrade for Grfx card possible apart from directly from the OEM vendor eg, Dell / IBM / HP :)

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

Thanks in advance.

if ur mobo came wit a pci-e slot then u can upgrade ur gfx subsystem by installing a gfx card.u cannot upgrade the IGP (e.g X3100) without upgrading the whole mobo and replacing it with 1 whihc has better IGP.

Thanks in advance.
1. Most Core2Duo motherboards do not come with onboard X3100 IGP.

2. T5550 is a Laptop CPU. And unless you are dealing with select models from HP, etc which already have external GPU, its impossible to upgrade mobile GPU. Laptops with GMAX3100 almost NEVER have GPU expansion slots.

3. If the "Core2Duo Motherboard" of yours has a PCIe 16x slot, or atleast a PCIe 8x slot, you are lucky since you can upgrade its GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom