Graphic Card Selection

rickson23

The Pirate King
hello,
My pc Config is Intel Core2duo 2.53ghz,MB DG31PR,2gb DDR2.450W power supply.
1.I want to know Can I Install ATI 5670 Graphics on my system.
2.which other cards can i look out for.
3.Do I have to upgrade my PSU.
4.Can I overclock my CPU

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
2. depends on your budget.
3. depends. HD5670 needs less power still i'll suggest changing the PSU if yours is a generic one. if you go for Corsair CX430W V2, you can go for any GPU upto HD6870 or GTX560 (nonTi).
4. Yes, using software as Intel boards doesn't allow bios based overclocking.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
or Corsair VS450 @ 2.1k - most VFM PSU with good quality ;-)

@ OP - if you are getting HD5670 get the 512MB GDDR5 version.

OP
R

rickson23

The Pirate King
With 5670 Can i be able to play games like COD,fifa12,Run in full res(19inch)?
or is my pc config not good enough.
i do want to upgrade my current parts and build new one but having problem selling it :(

Cilus

laborare est orare
rickson23, 19" Display resolution is normally 1440X900. At this resolution HD 5670 can play games you have mentioned with high setting. And Topgear has recommended the 512 MB version because the performance difference between the 512 MB and 1 GB version is really very very low. The reson is these lower-mid range cards cannot utilize full 1 GB of memory.

However, if you want something little better then get the HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 around 5K. Chose from brands like MSI or Sapphire. This card is based on Northern Island architecture and offers performance very closer to HD 5750/6750 or GTS 450.

dibya_kol

In the zone
rickson23, 19" Display resolution is normally 1440X900. At this resolution HD 5670 can play games you have mentioned with high setting. And Topgear has recommended the 512 MB version because the performance difference between the 512 MB and 1 GB version is really very very low. The reson is these lower-mid range cards cannot utilize full 1 GB of memory.

However, if you want something little better then get the HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 around 5K. Chose from brands like MSI or Sapphire. This card is based on Northern Island architecture and offers performance very closer to HD 5750/6750 or GTS 450.

+1 .. Any gpu apart from those, will be huge bottlenecked by ur cpu. If u were planing for oc u need to change ur psu asap.

@topgear: why 512mb,why not 1gb ddr5 ?

More vram is required for high res and for high AA settings. vram is also required for larger maps in certain games.

Top Bottom